Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show Yer Drag Racers!

SuperStockAndy

• 1 month later...

I built this What If Style Dragster from Bugatti Glue Bomb, fitted Chevy Small Block with Hillborn Fuel Injection in it. Front axle is stolen from Revell '29 Ford Pickup, but it's bit narrowed. Wheels and tires are from my parts box and there are many, many scratchbuilt parts. This took only few days to build, it was just a little & fast project between more serious builds.

But the most important thing was, it was very fun to build.

P5170056.jpg

P5170060.jpg

P5170052.jpg

OldPhoto.jpg

A couple from the built many years ago files. I built them at least 15, probably closer to 20 years ago

Johan 1969 Road Runner kit

Along with an old MPC original 1967 Color Me Gone Charger funny car. The Charger has mix of Fred Cady and homemade decals .

Can you tell I like old drag cars

AMT Rat Packer Nova

Old Resin bodied Johan 1964 Dodge , I built this A LOONG time before the Lindberg kit came out , this car the cleared white is yellowing pretty bad so it's showing it's age

And The Revell 1967 Coronet done as the Shirley Shahan superstocker.

I had the chance meeting to talk to Shirley about the same time this kit came out and asked about the color and she told me it was a pearl white

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It's been a long time since I checked this thread out. My last post was September 9th of last year (pg. 17) -- a year has gone by. Good grief! An awful lot of fine, fine quarter milers have passed through these pages since then. What a treat I've missed!

Since then I've built mainly hot rods but I did get two rail jobs off, both FED's:

The first is a Dragmaster Mk. IV chassis with a blown Pontiac, 1962 style. The second is from two years later, a 160 in. wheelbase AA/FD with a Don Long style chassis. Things were changing mighty quickly back then!

Thanx for lookin',

B.

Dragmaster IV

DSCF0663-web.jpg

DSCF0586-web-1.jpg

DSCF0674-web.jpg

Mr. Eliminator - 160 In. Wheelbase AA/FD

DSCF0743-web.jpg

DSCF0748-web.jpg

DSCF0765-web.jpg

• 4 weeks later...