Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show Yer Drag Racers!

SuperStockAndy

....from the Funny Car Folder comes this vintage '70 Charger funny car with a Gene-Snow style, completely scratchbuilt chassis. This had several features completely new for models back then....such as a fully detailed blower backfire valve and header braces....and a fully working front suspension. More pictures of this and others at the link...http://public.fotki.com/funman1712/tim-boyds-124th--12/boyd-scale-funny-cars-/boyd-funny-cars-models/

DSC_0437-vi.jpgDSC_0441-vi.jpgDSC_0439-vi.jpg

Tim......."Wow" this is very impressive.......love all your other post as well.

Tim......."Wow" this is very impressive.......love all your other post as well.

John....thanks a bunch, and I am equally impressed with all the work you've posted in this thread. But out of all of them, my al-time favorite HAS to be that outrageous 4-engined fuel altered drag boat and van combo. INCREDIBLE!

I need to catch up with you sometime when I'm on the west coast....Best regards...TIM

John....thanks a bunch, and I am equally impressed with all the work you've posted in this thread. But out of all of them, my al-time favorite HAS to be that outrageous 4-engined fuel altered drag boat and van combo. INCREDIBLE!

I need to catch up with you sometime when I'm on the west coast....Best regards...TIM

Tim........thank you for your kind comment.........I look forward to meeting you as well........when you visit the west coast.......I will take you to lunch :) ........John

I had to go back and find that four engined boat and that thing is W I L D ! ! John - you're creations amaze and delight me.

Brad, thanks Buddy........looking forward to seeing you and attending your BBQ in April :) .........John

Just a quick build I finished last week. Used a Jimmy Flintstone body, Bantam Blast Chassis, Parts box BBC and Slixx Decals. Paint is Tamiya Metalic Blue with Testors Wet Clear.

I figured that if Willy Borsch could go Funny Car racing, Jungle Jim could go Altered Driving!

20130227_183011_zpsf2cf3590.jpg

20130227_182955_zps905524bf.jpg

20130218_193207_zps1e4201c5.jpg

Ray....cool....tell us a little more about the Fiat Competition Coupe and the Studebaker/rail.....thanks TIM

Thanks. The rail if I recall was the Hemisphere ( ?) dragster and the Fiat body was modified from the AMT double dragster kit. The Stude was made using the frame from the Double dragster kit and the body was modified from the Miss Deal kit. I cut down a lighter to make the "smokestack " for the inner engine exhaust since this build uses the 2 engine set up. Some people think it is somekind of intake but it is not.

• 2 weeks later...