Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show Yer Drag Racers!

SuperStockAndy

Thanks Andy,

In the summer of '66 there was a dragster called "The Beast from the East" and of course I took a photo of it and it inspired me to build this "Beast" even though it's not a replica. I did use an original Tommy Ivo kit and the fins and wings were scratch built out of Evergreen and Plastruct. The Dzus fasteners are a Pro-Tech item and the paint is Testors and not too shiny as I've never seen dragons have a mile-deep coat. I also made a longer push-bar, added a drain bolt in the pan, and did basic wiiring and plumbing.

O-K, seen a lot of great builds on this here post,& lets see, sister's at work,niece is visiting a friend in the hospital,then she has an appointment this afternoon, I can get hold of the camera & take a couple photos of 2 of my builds, only have 2 here in Tucson, the rest are still in storage in Fl.,neither one is completely done,but I'll take some photos & try to get them up later today or tomorrow. Great idea there Andy, like the cars I'm seein'!