Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show Yer Drag Racers!

SuperStockAndy

I like these alot Mike, those colors and the details really "pop" om that Monte Carlo... where did you get the body ,??

The body was from BROOKFIELD COLLECTIONS.It started out as a promo body with indy 500 decals and lights.

:lol: :lol: Nothing can't beat cubic inches! And that Willys has 426 of them. And of course it's blown. B) That Vega FC looks really cool, as all of these, looks like here are some very talented builders, many of them.

It's all about the cubic inches! I'd rather have 800 of them rather than 100 :lol:

Of course little engines are fast and powerful too. This is Finnish Competition Toyota Celica, driven by Mika Eloranta. Best time of it is about 7,0. And the team is looking for first six second pass. Little four cylinder engine with turbo.

it's not always about the big engines Andy :D if you havent checked out what the import guys have been doing for years with the "little" engines then you are missing out. even if you don't like those cars there is no denying thier accomplishments and what they are capable of as well. while i love the thunder of a V8 i also appreciate and admire what guys and girls are able to do with small displacement 4 and 6cyl. engines too. it's also insane and incredible what the Aussie's, New Zealanders and Puerto Ricans can do with rotary engines B)

i don't have any import drag builds finished to show but i do have an interest in those too, not just American V8 stuff.

Anyone who knows me well knows that I'm highly against imports :D

I guess Muscle Cars are the only kind of vehicles I like...

this so far is my one finished import drag car. this is a Tamiya 350Z on a STP Firebird pro stock chassis with some modifications. i hate how the paint turned out, one of Testors "stock" color lacquers that has massively too big metallic in it. plans are to eventually rebody this one with a replacement 350Z body when i find a good deal on one.

section8591.jpg

section8675.jpg

I always liked that one Dave. If it were real I'd bet it would be a handful.