Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show Yer Drag Racers!

SuperStockAndy

Man I love this thread!

Wayne and John, love your work!

Sixx, great stuff!

And Fred that Landy Dart just blows me away!!!

Someone asked where I got the 78/79 Challenger body from. It was from a online store out of japan. I picked up another one from Model Express to build a more accurate version. That one was one of the first I had built after many years out of the hobby and just looks wrong to me now.

WOW! The hits just keep commin' on this thread. Soo many cool models. Great stuff from every one. That 777 Comet really speaks to me. Something about the white injectors inside the body.

Here is a Ramchargers 1964 rail. It is the first year they ran, hence no rear cowl. Looked long and hard that reference shot to make sure that was right. I also cross referenced a Don Garlits article where he said he got his fiberglass cowl at the end of the 1964 season.

Scott

Front3qtrgood-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

AtLions-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

referenceshot-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

A question for you Scott. First off, the Ramchargers Rail is stunning and represents the golden age of rails, IMO. What wheels and tires are on the front of that rail? They look perfectly proportioned and I have a project that could use the same set up.

Edited by gasser59

Thanks for the kind words Dave. I still can't find my pics of my Bernstien Tempo, but it is funny (sorry) that the Fighting Irish car came up. Here is one someone is working on that I haven't seen posted here, unless I missed it.

markstangfinal.jpg

Mike

A question for you Scott. First off, the Ramchargers Rail is stunning and represents the golden age of rails, IMO. What wheels and tires are on the front of that rail? They look perfectly proportioned and I have a project that could use the same set up.

Thanks for the kind word Brad. Thde rims are Herb Deeks items. I think the PE wires are still available, but he no longer sells the rims and hubs. I think the tires are kit items. I used them because they have the Perelli (sp?) lettering on the side walls. If you see the lettering then you know you are in. O rings aren't really a match for what they ran back then. They used treaded tires.

Have fun. The Ramcharger chassis can be a challenge. I remember I made a new roll bar hoop.

Scott