Model Cars Magazine Forum

1985 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe

Rade8boy

After graduating PSU and getting a job in 1985 I bought myself a brand new 85 Ford T-bird turbo coupe, I bought the resin body from All American models and the PE scripts and 10 hole mages from R&M of MD over 20+ years ago!! It is finally ready to put on the shelf, just needs the black windows trim, I ordered some black chrome foil. It may not be 100% correct but it is close enough for me.

100_2571-vi.jpg

100_2572-vi.jpg

100_2574-vi.jpg

Here are some updated pictures with the side mirrors added and black foil, BTW, I was not impressed with the black foil, it is a lot thicker than the chrome and did not want to stick well, maybe it was old?? To answer some questions the original car was Light Regatta Blue with a light tan/beige interior and the interior is from the Monogram 87 kits so it is not really correct, see real car picture below. it is not 100% correct the sun roof in missing and the engine is somewhat close, but that is fine with me.

100_2581-vi.jpg

100_2582-vi.jpg

TBird-vi.jpg

The Engine from the

Here are some updated pictures with the side mirrors added and black foil, BTW, I was not impressed with the black foil, it is a lot thicker than the chrome and did not want to stick well, maybe it was old?? To answer some questions the original car was Light Regatta Blue with a light tan/beige interior and the interior is from the Monogram 87 kits so it is not really correct, see real car picture below. it is not 100% correct the sun roof in missing and the engine is somewhat close, but that is fine with me.

100_2581-vi.jpg

100_2582-vi.jpg

TBird-vi.jpg

The engine from the '85 (Monogram 1/24) Mustang SVO is the right mill for this one . A magazine back in the day ran a feature article making this model . I have the jewel like 10 holers and a collection of pieces to make this . Yes , another stalled project . You did this justice . Just right in all the details . Eye candy for me ....Thanx ..

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bump an old thread, but this is awesome. My first car was an 85 Thunderchicken with a CFI 5.0 and AOD. I've been trying to find an AAM body for a while with no luck.

From what I hear if you find one you'll pay dearly for it. I was looking for An AAM of the Stang LX they did and they are indeed about vanished.