Model Cars Magazine Forum

A friend of mine in Germany was just telling me about this and had sent me pics of it. After seeing the video the pics just don't do it justice. He told me the aircraft take off and land to the flight schedules of the Berlin airport. It can be seen at a giant hobby show they have annually in Germany in April. I've been amazed at all the different displays they have. We need something like that here. Here is another diorama of a Fire/EMS convention. At first I thought he was talking about a real convention until he told me it was a diorama. I wished I had saved the higher resolution pic I had. It's unbelievable!

germanfiredisplaydiorama.jpg

Edited by dougp

It can be seen at a giant hobby show they have annually in Germany in April.

My mistake, we were talking about the giant hobby show with him sending me a lot of pics of the show when we started talking about dioramas. He started sending me pics of the airport, fire convention, etc. I thought he was still talking about the hobby show. We'll his English and my German aren't so good...haha, so the mistake. The airport and many other dioramas are in display in Miniature Wunderland in Hamburg. It has the largest model railroad in the world. To get more info visit their site at http://www.miniatur-wunderland.com/ and go to the Exhibit page. It's awe inspiring.

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, it's 1:87 like Harry said. I remember watching clips of this on youtube while the airport was still under construction and some of the last few "bugs" were being worked out. I kinda forgot about this, although, I don't know how... because the whole thing is just absolutely mind blowing.

The whole layout (tons of trains, working cars, firefighters hosing down a building that's on fire, etc...) has to be THE most incredible layout I have EVER seen in my life. The whole thing is inside of a huge warehouse or something. It seems they are always adding more stuff to it. Definitely worth checking out! I could hang out in that building, looking at all of the different little "scenes" for weeks!

• 5 months later...

I stumbled upon the airport build videos and watched all of them in one or two nights, at least 25 videos, and was glued. Of course I subscribed to their channel. I know a little German, but could hardly understand what they were saying. Didn't matter...watching was more than enough to understand.