Model Cars Magazine Forum

Possible new Galaxie Release

i heard a LONG time ago there was to be a 41 Chevy coupe and convertible, and the parts would switch with the 46/48 kits to open up a lot of options. Never heard any more.

Now this would be sweet... We've needed a '41 Chevy forever...

I also remember the '41 chevy talk. As I recall, the line for Galaxie was 'if the '46-'48 kits were successful, a '41 would follow'. That said, my source says that the new kit in the works is NOT the '41 but rather a 'mid to late 50s model, but couldn't (wouldn't), provide more info. In any event I'm excited to see what he's got in the works.

It'll probably be a 41 coupe. I bought one from RMR and have been slowly buildin on it. Now that I am, They'll probably come out with a drop together styrene kit. Just my luck. Oh well, probably get one of whatever it is(or two) cas I LOVE the detail on them Galaxy kits!!! :D :D :D;)

I could really go for a late 50s Olds myself.

Hope this doesnt take the thread too off topic but what is the general concensus on Galaxies quality in terms of detail, fidelity to body lines and dimensions of the 1:1, etc? I have a couple of their kits but have not built one nor really looked at one in detail in quite some time. Seems to me people like Trumpeter get railed on every release about lack of fidelity to the originals but ive never read anything similar about Galaxie.

IMO we need more independents out there putting out kool kits.

Hope this doesnt take the thread too off topic but what is the general concensus on Galaxies quality in terms of detail, fidelity to body lines and dimensions of the 1:1, etc? I have a couple of their kits but have not built one nor really looked at one in detail in quite some time. Seems to me people like Trumpeter get railed on every release about lack of fidelity to the originals but ive never read anything similar about Galaxie.

I've only built the Fleetline Aerosedan but did a fair amount of research on the 1:1 vehicle before starting and I can tell you that the kit is as true to the original as anything I've seen yet. I'm with you on the independents!

As a Ford man 47 chebbies do not do much for me.

That said Galaxies kit was the finest I have ever built....detail, accuracy, and the 1:1 way of building it up...FANTASTIC quality from Wisconsin!!!

1950's cars I would like to see kitted in plastic are...

1950 Nash ambassador

1955 - 56 Pontiac Safari / Coupe

1950 - 59 Buick

1950 - 59 Oldsmobile

Well actually any 50's Car that isn't a chevy or ford

Yeah, all Forward Look Chrysler Corp cars. Wouldn't that be a pip? Including the Ghia-built show cars, of course.

######. Now I woke up.

Edited by Junkman

A 1950 Nash Ambassador is my favorite car ever. I'd buy a few of those. I have one of Galaxy's Chevy kits. I've not built it, but have opened and checked it out. It looks great detail wise. Mine will be a gasser. That is when ever it gets into the building line. The other cars I would like to see would be a 1958 Ford hardtop or 2 door sedan, any 57 Olds and any of the 57 - 59 Chrysler products ( read Desoto). Aaron Dupont

I have a feeling that if there are already rumors floating around then it's too late to be making suggestions - the choice of vehicle is a done deal. In spite of all that I'll get on board with the guys who want a '57 Olds. A '57 Buick would be a great choice also. GM styling was pretty strong that year.