Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16th 57 Chevy Turbo ProMod (03-14-13) Finished Bull-Horns with V-band clamps

Prostreet

Thx. Guys, Couple of pictures of the exhaust outlet. When finished it will have a carbon trim ring around the outlet, I'm getting very close to being able to paint the chassis. So before i do that i wanna do all the door gaps next and get it out of the way then i can paint the chassis and get started on the intake.

bc004f18.jpg

0779bc09.jpg

Awesome work throughout the whole project Joe ! the headers and outlets look great, Are you going to put the upturned ends on them ? If you did them with a small internal sleeve you wouldn't have to glue them so they could be removable still.

Thx Brett, They call that kind of exhaust exit "bull horns" I use to like that look originally when it first came out in the 1:1 world and thought it would be cool on a model because I never seen it on one, but I think it's kinda played out now, I like the way it looks now, much cleaner.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been working on this here and there when i have some free time, Been mostly doing body work and getting the door and front end lines good. Nothing worth really posting, I had some free time tonight and started on the wheel tubs, I wanted to get these done before i prime and paint the chassis. i have one roughed in and still need to add the back filler panel, I wanna make that part of the tub. They will be painted matte black and the tops will be done in carbon. I added pins to the chassis in 3 spots to make it easier to locate the tubs to the chassis for fitting and final assembly.

a18f7b06.jpg

3aef9b74.jpg

fd544563.jpg

20bb5ca6.jpg

Thx. Guys, I have the tubs complete, after there installed permanently i will add a little filler piece in the back center near the bumper. After work tommarow i hope to paint them flat black and add the carbon decals then get some clear on them. Also added a picture of my next project that i'm excited about, 1/12th Drag radial camaro, will be a big block with either a single turbo or gear driven procharger. I was talking to Ted (Ted's modeling ) and he contacted Tim a TDR and Tim drew up some really great looking M/T Drag radials, Just waiting for them to be ready so i can purchase some.

74f6ce98.jpg

eb867e94.jpg

Wheel tubs are done, They were quite an adventure to get decals on and didn't turn out perfect, But for my first time doing carbon decals i think they turned out decent. There are couple small wrinkles in the one on the right and the black spot on the back of the one on the left somehow got scratched and didn't notice it till i started clearing them. I used scale motorsports decals and Model masters clear lacquer. Once the body is installed you can barely see much of the tubs, once they cure for a couple days they will get a light polish and the under side where the tire sits will get a dull coat. Hope to have some more updates tonight possibly.

7c7d59c0.jpg

5a647b7f.jpg

d9b6fb3e.jpg