Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16th 57 Chevy Turbo ProMod (03-14-13) Finished Bull-Horns with V-band clamps

Prostreet

Got the bottles mounted and lines added, Used RB motions new anodized fittings and Ted's modeling hardline, Great stuff. Tommarrow i will add the top part of the brackets and the lines and handles, Still waiting on decals to add the gauges to them.

4A79FAF2-CFF2-4B5C-86A1-92B526A50044-1037-000000D8C46A7D00.jpg

Edited by Prostreet

Joe... those fire bottle turn out sweet man!! The RB motion anodized fittings look great. I need to pick up sone of those. this build is flat out awesome!! i also wanted to ask on the pro tech hard line did it cone in straight sections or rolled up and you had to straighten yourself?? Keep up the killer work Bro!

Thx. Chris, The Ted's modeling hardline comes rolled up. For long straight runs you will have to work it to get it straight. I think it will be hard to get it perfectly straight, but still great stuff to work with. I made the fire bottle handles tonight and added the lines, I used small pieces of styrene for the handles and painted them red. I hope to finish the bottle brackets tomorrow after work, Then the back half of the fire system will be done and i can move on to the pedals.

BA3EFE85-E5A9-4582-8131-D2086A318020-1312-0000014FBA9CA20B.jpg

F4A0F64E-C376-40FF-8AAD-F2081462EB34-1312-000001503FC27DB2.jpg

Edited by Prostreet

Joe... those fire bottle turn out sweet man!! The RB motion anodized fittings look great. I need to pick up sone of those. this build is flat out awesome!! i also wanted to ask on the pro tech hard line did it cone in straight sections or rolled up and you had to straighten yourself?? Keep up the killer work Bro!

Chris, I edited my post. That is actually Ted's modeling hard line, sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for the plug, Joe.

Chris - I have soft aluminum line from .014" to .205" which is equal to 3/16" to 3 1/4" in 1/16 scale. My soft black line covers the same range which is either solid rubber or rubber tubing.

An easy way to make the hard line straight (also works for Pro Tech braided lines) is to place it on a smooth surface and roll your hand over it. Joe did a great job in routing the lines to make it look realistic.

Edited by TedsModeling

Joe, I thought you'd be finished this by now............................... ;) Only kidding mate. :)

Man, this is another build going way beyond the red on the awesome scale Joe. SUPERB work my friend. B)

It all looks to be coming together so well, the chassis, the motor work......man, I got some serious catching up to do. :(

Keep picking away Joe, this will be a winner. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thx. Bill and Greg, Been slow going been so busy doing side jobs. I got the hand brake made and installed with linkage and also got the pedals and master cylinder installed. I Tried to make it look like the lines run through the chassis,I used some sandpaper to make the foot pad look like the grip tape they use. Now i can install the lower panels on the drivers side. Working on electrics and the selinoids the supply the shifter pods.

071E76C0-B560-4B5F-B7D9-D8FD6A2306E9-1968-000001F7E07C83DC_zps9a4675b1.jpg

A8B4A123-2703-44F0-B7D1-EBD4F2DEA173-1968-000001F7F590BD55_zps58ae0005.jpg

26A4A0BC-3F7C-4959-9C59-155D2D549B18-1968-000001F805431289_zps8ac8b2cd.jpg

Edited by Prostreet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Back from the dead, I was finnally able to get my main electronics done. Man it really kicked my Butt with these tiny wires and nuts and bolts, but i was able to get through it and pretty happy with the way it turned out. All the stuff was scratch built except the obvious like wires and bolts, My battery ended up being a generic brand lol. I was unable to print the decal with good quality so it wasn't worth putting it on, I scratch built the battery hold down also. I turned down the starter selinoid that you can see next to the battery and also the little selinoids on for the shift controler, that is the one next to the big stuff and the race pak. Working on the trans and seat next, Trying to turn down the bell housing and trans, will see how that turns out. working through some problems with that.

Parts used:

Protech wiring and some fittings.

Ted's modeling black hose and resin hardware

RB motion hardware

Scale hardware

024-vi.jpg

021-vi.jpg

008-vi.jpg

009-vi.jpg