Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hey, guys, here's my latest build, a Revell 37 Ford pickup, built out of the box. The only addition is chains for the tailgate. The chain is small jewelry chain from Michael's craft store.

6198206599_57639cde6d.jpg

The photos were taken outside, in front of my garage diorama.

6198725716_79dedb62c9.jpg

The kit went together well, but the wheelbase seems a little short for the fenders. Seems like the rear wheels should be about 1/8" farther rearward, but I'm not going to try and change it now.

6198207161_d1be9f4ef5.jpg

The paint is Testors gloss black and Krylon Fusion Hunter Green over flat black to darken it a little. It's a pretty good match to the box art and a real 37 I've seen in this area. To keep it simple, I didn't wire the engine. I got the kit in a trade from Johnny Holt on this forum. Thanks, Johnny! Comments welcome.

Jackson, I used cheapo Walmart flat black as a primer. The Krylon green was sprayed from the can outside on a sunny, low humidity day. It went on nicely, dried quickly, and no polishing was done. I think the level of gloss is about right for a 1930's vintage truck, based on the real 37 that I've seen. The gloss black on the fenders was sprayed outside, over the flat black too.

Thanks for the compliments.

Sam

Jackson, I used cheapo Walmart flat black as a primer. The Krylon green was sprayed from the can outside on a sunny, low humidity day. It went on nicely, dried quickly, and no polishing was done. I think the level of gloss is about right for a 1930's vintage truck, based on the real 37 that I've seen. The gloss black on the fenders was sprayed outside, over the flat black too.

Thanks for the compliments.

Sam

Thanks for the help, Sam!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Very nice build Sam! I really like the colors you put on it. I love the garage and gas pump you have it setting in front of also. Did you make that or is it a kit of some kind?