Model Cars Magazine Forum

My ultimate track day combo

S. Svendsen

Just finished this pro-touring '77 Volare as my idea for a perfect track day car and built the Ram pickup to tow it to the track. All the build details and more pics are at the links.

'77 Volare - http://homepage.mac.com/ssven5/Sites/Svensworldofwheels/images/77volare_page.html

Ram Pickup - http://homepage.mac.com/ssven5/Sites/Svensworldofwheels/images/ram_pickup_page.html

volare6.jpg

volare_5.jpg

ramtruck7.jpg

ramtruck10.jpg

wow..I love that Volare!!! great job on both

Gray

edit: let me also say that it's good to see a proper pro-touring build again, not many do them anymore. This one has streetfighter written all over it...my favorite style too!

Edited by Gray Smith

OK so looks like i'm going to 'fess up....I had no clue what a Volare was until this post. You did a awesome job on both and this is my favorite pro touring car to date. The gloss black base everything is sitting on is what really works so well with that green in your pictures. Much better than a white photo booth shot. This really is a work of art....thank you for sharing.

WOW, this is very nice build combo!!! Personally I don't like pro Touring cars at all, but this one is so nicely done, that it looks good. Color fits nicely and it's very clean build overall. Great to see Plymuoth Volare, that is something, I'd like to build also. Dodge Ram looks very good too.

Volare, oh oh (sorry a lil dean Martin there,showing my age.....) ....Sweet combo!!!!

It was Vic Damone ! Two hits ; a commercial - Coppertone tan jingle . Volare , it turned into a commercial . Go figgure .

This build combo is outstandine . You had me at green ...Thanx ..