Model Cars Magazine Forum

Drag-u-la on Steroids

Nitrozilla

I've been following this Dragula build quietly until now. This is a great build. It looks more like Rob Zombie's Dragula than The Munster Dragula.

Thanx for following Ken. I have seen Rob Zombie's name associated with Dragula, but I didn't know Rob had a similar car. Couldn't find an image that wasn't Granpa Munster's car, Google - wise either. Could you post a pic ??

Got some body paint done with the gold base, and now highlighting the scroll work by hand. All raised areas get purple highlights, but I wanted to put a coat of clear over what's been done. I'll mask the other areas before starting them.

Also got the calipers/rotors attached and ready to install brake lines.

2007-03-09006.jpg2007-03-09007.jpg2007-03-09008.jpg

progress is looking good Joe...

While trying to think of something clever to say about the progress you're making on the Outlaw Camaro, it hit me. Since Grandpa Munster is Herman's Father - in - law, you're building an Outlaw and I'm building an Inlaw. SEE ?? If you try hard enuff....Now as far as a clever comment for progress goes, I haven't made any progress on that. Sorry.

I love the color schemes you've picked out on this build. Keep it comin'!

As for colors my good sir, wadda' ya' think about me painting the torsion bars, stabilizer links, front axle and wing braces a nice shade of transparent blue ?? Would that be okay ?? I don't want to upset anybody by making it too kewl, right ??

Lots and lots of detail work and modifications today. I thought the whole idea of mock-up was not having to modify the stuff that's supposed to fit.

I'm way happy with the canopy, but it needs more work (see?). Hopefully I'll be wiring the whole shebang tomorrow so I can get back on the Deora. I'm Jonesing to get to the hauler housing now that the ride height issue is no longer an issue. But, that's another Topic.

Back to the subject at hand........

2007-03-11001.jpg2007-03-11002.jpg2007-03-11004.jpg2007-03-11005.jpg2007-03-11006.jpg

.....and once again I make a prediction of having the build done by the weekend and fall through. But we're having fun, right ??

Installed the fuel pump, fuel tank and the distributor. Removed fuel pump because it needs to be gold, not purple. The frame is purple, the engine bay is purple, the pulleys are purple. It made the purple pump invisible in there. Glad I made it out of aluminum tubing. A plastic pump never would have survived the pumpectomy.

Fuel lines will be handmade aluminum a/n fittings with .032 solder lines. 3 from the tank, including the by-pass, and two from the pump to the fuel blocks.

Plug wires are one of the last items after the body goes on but need to be in place before the belt goes on.

2007-03-12001.jpg2007-03-12002.jpg2007-03-12003.jpg2007-03-12004.jpg2007-03-12005.jpg

Joe.....looking really good........I like the blue color on the chassis and tie rods.

Thanx John. I've always liked that anodized look wherever it's appropriate.

Man o' man, this has been an exciting time between updates. The canopy was giving me fits, or more so, not fits. After 3 attempts to get the back to stop moving side to side, that is finally corrected. However, that correction also raised the back of the body which gave zero clearance for the headers. Now the engine bay sides are lower by 1/8th inch. A hair more than needed, but the bonus is that the headers will now be positioned more like an Altered or F/C than a Dragster.

Fuel lines are ready to install, right after the belt. I may have to make a new belt if I don't like the look of the one I plan on using.

I'll post pics later today when I have some real progress to report.

Wow, that was fast, huh ?? I've got some pics to go with the text from above. If you go back to any previous pic of the engine bay, you'll see how much I had to take off.

Also, of course, I wasn't happy with the belt I had, so I made a new one. Didn't have any half round stock for the belt teeth, but with paint and belt markings it should be good to go.

2007-03-13001.jpg2007-03-13008.jpg2007-03-13006.jpg2007-03-13009.jpg2007-03-13011.jpg

Remember when I said, if I get an idea while I'm building that I can't resist just, doing it ?? Well, it's happened again. We now have a spider web net to go under the chutes to prevent them from getting hung up on the push bar. And speaking of chutes, I'm going to have the lines chained to the chassis. The lines are hangman's nooses. Each line is coiled 13 times. Not a requirement of the knot, just seemed appropriate, especially this time of year. I need to re-do the one on the right. Ewwww.

Almost done with fuel lines and about to put on the body. I'm sooooooo jazzed. Dang !! Just noticed the oil leak under the engine in the last picture. That's the last time I count on glue to be a good gasket sealer.

2007-03-14001.jpg2007-03-14002.jpg2007-03-14003.jpg2007-03-14004.jpg

Edited by Batzilla

Joe......I hope this doe`s not sound corny to you?......but,you remind me of myself ......I see allot of your work that reminds me of what I would have done........I really think you have the potential of becoming a really good modeler......not that you aren`t already but,I mean it seem`s like you are improving in every way.......I hope I don`t make myself look like i`m a model god......but,I feel like I do ok........and I see love and passion in your build`s.....I hope you stick with it my friend.

Edited by John Teresi

We're in the homestretch now kiddies (Yes Dr. Crankster, that includes you). If I can just stop adding on to it and finish fer gooness sakes !!

Before I complete this build, it's time to re-thank everybody. Believe it or not, I don't build for myself, per se. As someone recently caused me to refocus on why I build. It's for you, and him and them and, yes, even them. I like making people smile. I imagine the look on your faces when you open up the page and see what I have brought forth into the modeling world.

On to progress. Finished the plug wires. Threw a little change up at ya', didn't I !! Caughtcha off guard there, right ?? I saw this on a 1:1 recently and had to do it.

Throttle linkage done. Throttle return spring done. Throttle pedal line done. Throttle myself for starting this, done !!

2007-03-15007.jpg2007-03-15006.jpg2007-03-15010.jpg2007-03-15008.jpg2007-03-15009.jpg