Model Cars Magazine Forum

2005-2010 Mustang

martinfan5

I picked up a can of krylon hunter green, not what I wanted, but I did not want to spend an hour waiting in line at hobby lobby , I did not even think about doing the black base coat first . I have been trying to get away from using krylon unless its a last minute need some paint

Well, my '10 GT is started. It won't be a GT, however, I'm planning a phantom 2010 Bullitt edition. So with that in mind, the first order of business was cutting out the stock grille (with its driving lamp openings and pony emblem insert) and filling in the spoiler holes on the decklid.01370006933_666749_668404094_n1-vi.jpg

Since there was no 1:1 2010 Bullitt, I'm going to take a few liberties here and there, but there is one thing you can count on... it will be Dark Highland Green, no exceptions!

So, are you going to go for the 1968-inspired Bullitt, the 2001-inspired Bullitt, or the 2008-inspired Bullitt theme for this one? Personally, I think it is just screaming for a small forward-facing hood scoop and brushed-aluminum fuel door (2001 Bullitt), along with a nice set of 20" Torques. Spoiler-less trunk, sitting low, and Highland Green. But, these are my personal opinions, and should be taken and tossed out the window!

Leaning more toward the '01 and '08 styles here, with a bit of my own 'what-iffy' ideas thrown in. I am toying around with a blacked-out shaker hood scoop like the '01, and I'm thinking throwing in a few Shelby cues just for kicks. The grille insert (modified, of course) and wheels will likely come straight from an '08 kit.

The 'Shaker' hood scoop was on the 1969 Mach1 and the 2003-04 Mach1s. The 2001 Bullitt got the forward-facing hood scoop.

I am spilling the beans here a bit on my own 2010 build, but I have the kit hood modified and a 'Shaker' scoop re-sized to fit my current opening. I am going with a 2010 'What-if' of a Mach1, using styling ques from the 2003-04 Mach1 as a basis for the build.

You are right- I just wanted to mix it up a bit and try to work in a little bit of the '01 style and some of the late '60's elements. The thought of a '10 Mach 1 never even occured to me, and a shaker would be a must there! I never really understood why Ford put the scoop on the '01 car, when the original did not have a scoop, but I'm still considering a scoop for my rendition. (Oh- and don't worry- I'm not going to steal your '10 Mach 1 idea... I'll wait to build mine until yours is done. B) )

Small update:

Despite that the paint issues I'd been having with that sweet resin cowl hood from LSM being COMPLETELY my fault (no fault of the hood or LSM),being the ever-killer-kool guy that Alex is,he wouldn't hear of it,he insisted on molding up and sending out a fresh hood to me! Well,I got it in Monday,but things have been conspiring against my building time this week,so I'm just now getting the pacjage opened up. I'll be getting back on this ASAP B)

IMG_3678.jpg

Thanks again,Alex,you're the best,Brother! :D

Chuck, I wouldn't mind if you did take some of my ideas for the '10 Mach1..........you would more than likely do a better job of it anyway!

Tell you what- I'll at least wait until you've started on it, picked a color, etc. until I start one. Then at least there will be two different interpretations of a '10 Mach 1.... when/if either of us ever starts/finishes ours. :D