Model Cars Magazine Forum

i hate pickups not hate but for some reason cant bring myself to completing one, it was basically the same for this project i got stuck with a pickup but didnt want to build it and since it was a lindberg with opening doors it was close to finding its way to the garbage. then i remembered flintstone had this same van a fellow CC member got me the body and its been on its way off the bench since. finding wheels that would look cool has been a nightmare since i want to keep the 70s van look with a more modern paintjob.

original ideal wheels were right but tires werent

zEdrq.jpg

perfect

eJ6o3.jpg

original color idea was to have flames down the sides but the decals i had did not lay down well at all even after the right preparations

U6QsP.jpg

new idea, i used 1/8th of paint and got 7 coats out of it with a neat magic trick i call the jersey dip.

A7ayX.jpg

Y0Hxw.jpg

What a coincidence.... just this morning in the basement I found a box with a few resin bodies in it. An A-100 van was in there.

Great color choice for it. But I think it looks better without the white letter tires, but that's just me.

He's going for a 70's vibe ,and rwl is a big part of that

Had the Ford version back in the day! ad to get the butt way up to clear the N50 Mickeys on 10" US aluminum slots! Had to use 5" wides on the front though for clearance unless I wanted to block the front axle and do some alteration to the steering! :lol:

What a coincidence.... just this morning in the basement I found a box with a few resin bodies in it. An A-100 van was in there.

Thats crazy...just finished mine these days. If you do not mind...a picture from it

CIMG111028_006.jpg

Absolut stock version.

Your color is a "burner", Did you have many work on the body before painting? It looks like a quirk on the left panel under the coat?

I had sanded mine more times, primed, fatted and so one, until I was convinced by the results...