Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fake model kit box arts

A number of fictitious model boxes _ including the Adam-12, Andy Griffith Show and Rockford Files ones _ were created a few years back by a gentleman by the name of Everett "The Box Man" Westfall, who has since passed away. The ones he did were actual boxes, not just computer-generated images.

Yeah. that's the guy! Wow, what a bummer to hear he passed away! :(:unsure:

Johanphantomboxart-vi.jpg

That is sweeeet...I love the desk and the prices on top of the Testor's bottles! I think I still have some in the 35 cent range!! (Prices are always higher in Canada after all!) Add the Testor's tube glue, Cartoons mag and Hot Wheels with model cars and if you had music going you have my teen years...with the coffee, that's me now!! Love it, Jairus!

Edited by Tony T

• 3 years later...

I got a bit inspired with this thread and made this. Not very good, I admit. I made it with MS paint and I'm not very good at the picture editing stuff.

MercedesW110boxart.jpg

I'd buy a couple of these! This Mercedes represents most of the cars that US Army folks brought back to the USA in the 1960s. Any Army Post in the USA, there'd be a bunch of these, trophies from serving in Germany. My father was a US Army officer and we finally went to Germany in 1969, my dad with thoughts of Mercedes in his head. He said we'd bring one back to the states for sure. Then the US military had a "Buy American" campaign, and through a contractor brought a slew of new US cars to the Px stores in Europe. I knew people who bought new Ford LTDs, and my father bought into the hype and instead of getting his once in a lifetime Mercedes, shipped the '66 Valiant back to the US. Years later he admitted he should've bought the Mercedes!

Edited by Tom Geiger