Model Cars Magazine Forum

International Lonestar Revell in march 2012?

This is a good thing for Revell and Moebius for reasons others have already mentioned... On another note, check out the Krupp Titan listed right below it... I'd like to get one of those and a couple of 1/24 Emhar Bedfords... They'd make unique additions to my collection... B)

This is a good thing for Revell and Moebius for reasons others have already mentioned... On another note, check out the Krupp Titan listed right below it... I'd like to get one of those and a couple of 1/24 Emhar Bedfords... They'd make unique additions to my collection... B)

I'd love to see one of the 'bigger' model companies rebox that Bedford kit- Emhar kits aren't exactly thick on the ground in my neck of the woods, and I don't like buying online when I can get it locally. :D

If Revell wants in on the action, I guess Moebius must be doing great with this kit. Can't be bad.

Must be- they've announced they're doing a Prostar and a 53' Great Dane trailer kit to go with the Lonestar!

• 1 month later...

How is the lonestar kit to build? I almost bought one a couple times !! I am not a big international fan but i always thought that truck looked pretty cool

So far, it's been a really good kit to build. There are some parts of the instructions where parts are mislabeled and also show the assemblies backwards, but overall, I'd give it a 9-9.5 out of 10. I'm really looking forward to the 2 new truck kits they're coming out with this year.

On another note, check out the Krupp Titan listed right below

The Krupp Titan is a re-release, I have the original version, not sure if it's because I've been building 1:35th scale for military modelling magazine or not, but I only bought mine a few weeks ago, (another eBay find) and it seems huge !!!, it has a lovely 6 cylinder 2 stroke engine.

This is a good thing for Revell and Moebius for reasons others have already mentioned... On another note, check out the Krupp Titan listed right below it... I'd like to get one of those and a couple of 1/24 Emhar Bedfords... They'd make unique additions to my collection...

The Krupp is a reissue indeed. I've build it quite a lot of years ago. It is a terrific kit together with the Büssing. Both trucks were the best in their days. Maybe it is possible to make some swap deals with one of you guys. I could sent and you sent something back. With announcing the package as a present it might safe import duties.

The Lonestar is a release of 5000 by Revell Germany. One of my friends in the modeling world gave them a tip. Who knows they might start up developing new model them selves. A Mack Vision or KW 2000 would do for me.

Hessel

Edited by Hessel Hemstra