Model Cars Magazine Forum

Great Dane Preview.

SOLD!!!!!!!!!! I'll take two cases please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like the idea of the sides and roof being one piece! Your glue would be dry before you reached the other end of the panel if you had to glue them together! LOL

Where did Dave post this answer Charles? I went back through the post but don't see it???

I don't think Dave meant to say the box sides and top are one single piece (as in an inverted U-shape). I think he was saying that each side is a single piece itself and the roof is a third single piece.

Indicating the box enclosure does not assemble from multiple pieces and the roof is not multiple pieces.

Just my interpretation.

Plus, as you look at the tooling mockup, you see there's no seam on the side that would indicate a front half and a rear half need to be joined together to create the side; you also don't see indications of a seam on the roof to join front and rear halves together. I think it means ~ as I interpreted Dave's post ~ that the trailer assembly will consist of a left side, a right side, a roof and then various other parts for the front and rear; and all of that builds off the floor/platform ... which may well be suitable for other applications in the future!!

Bravo Moebius! Bring them all on!

Edited by Danno

Beautiful, just beautiful... This is going to be a great addition to truck modeling, Even at this stage it looks right, good proportions, great stance! It's a reefer too! Panels are 1 piece, just like the AMT 40 foot Fruehauf. No ugly seems down the middle of that trailer!... Can't wait man. I am a Moebius fan now! I'll get the 2 hole buds for this baby and the aero skirts too, Another axle? Why not, it is going to be the right size. This is great! Thanks for sharing this bit of info Dave!

I don't think Dave meant to say the box sides and top are one single piece (as in an inverted U-shape). I think he was saying that each side is a single piece itself and the roof is a third single piece.

Indicating the box enclosure does not assemble from multiple pieces and the roof is not multiple pieces.

Just my interpretation.

Plus, as you look at the tooling mockup, you see there's no seam on the side that would indicate a front half and a rear half need to be joined together to create the side; you also don't see indications of a seam on the roof to join front and rear halves together. I think it means ~ as I interpreted Dave's post ~ that the trailer assembly will consist of a left side, a right side, a roof and then various other parts for the front and rear; and all of that builds off the floor/platform ... which may well be suitable for other applications in the future!!

Bravo Moebius! Bring them all on!

Yep! I realized this as I was floating back down to earth!!!! :)

Nice kit Dave

Will the rim's be chrome?

That will be a big plus for an already nice kit?

Earl,

Here is what Dave said in another post.

Wheels are 10 hole Alcoas like LoneStar, for now. Doors do not open - Interior has no detail

This isn't a test shot - this is the tooling Mock-up - this is for us to see how everything looks before tooling starts - We'll fix a few details that aren't quite right and add a few that are missing based on this mock-up before we start tooling.

Test shots come in a few months after tooliong is done - test shots are early shots from the tooling we use them to make sure everything fits together properly.

Dave

Edited by truckman1981

Wheels will be chrome plated - these are the same as the rear wheels of LoneStar.

The roof is one piece, each side will be a single part, and the floor is also a single part..

Suspension is Hendrickson Air suspension - it is a slider -

Dave

Thanks for being patience with us. Looks to be a completely modern trailer. For all those that want everything on this kit, I am willing to wait for stainless reefer on the next round of releases if their are any.

You have got to keep up Ben! :D

http://www.modelcars...ic=36849&st=340

008-2A-X3.jpg

Man... Does this rig look good or what? I can understand people who don't particularly like the Lonestar. But look at this picture... With that beautiful trailer, now it sure looks right. This is going to look good with my favorite Prostar too or any other modern 1:25 scale truck. Oh wait, there is none (not counting the 1:24 scale ones)! Great shot Moebius, keep em comin'!

Edited by Z06Bob

Good point! I did set a couple of the old AMT trailers next to my Lonestar (still uncompleted) and even so, the '70's vintage stuff just somehow looked out of place with it.

Yep, not saying AMT didn't make a nice kit back in the day, but that's the thing, they're back in the day. I'm just so happy to see Moebius taking the time to listen to us and give us the modern rigs we crave and trailers for them to pull. It's sad the only trailer I have until these hit the market that looked good behind my less than thrilling (just because there is no engine in it) Italeri Volvo VN was a container!

HPIM1521.jpg

Hey, maybe that's another idea for the Moebius wish list, the Volvo VT880. Then maybe everyone would stop asking me if I want to get rid (the answer is no, by the way) of my VN! :lol:

VolvoVT880_m.jpg

Finally something more modern than the old AMT trailer kits. Looks good Dave. How about a smooth side trailer down the road, later on? OH, and opening rear doors would be nice so we can detail the interior if we want. Even the 40 y.o. AMT Fruehauf trailers had/has opening doors and some but not much inside details. Just a thought.

Kenny.