Model Cars Magazine Forum

Foreign Vehicle build (Started)

martinfan5

Ok I am about ready to finish up this GTR, so I am going to ask you guys, what kit should I start next?

The normal R35 GTR

The R34 Ztune ( grand turismo pace car )

lamborghini murcielago

Merc SLR Mclaren

Aston Martin DBS

Man I wish I had 1 skyline . How many do you have ? Although I'd like to get the older ones lik the ken Mary style and others.

Unbuilt, just those two, built three (R35,R35 SpecV, R34), but I am replacing the built R35, the first one I did turn out like dog do do. I keep meaning to get the first GTR skyline 2000 kpcg10 kit.

I get mine off of ebay, I found a seller that sells them pretty cheap, and the shipping isnt to bad either.

I dont have the Aston Martin yet, I ordered it tonight

Finished it up

g7.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

Ok I am about ready to finish up this GTR, so I am going to ask you guys, what kit should I start next?

The normal R35 GTR

The R34 Ztune ( grand turismo pace car )

lamborghini murcielago

Merc SLR Mclaren

Aston Martin DBS

Hi Jonathan

I was going to suggest the Mercedes ;) but my BMW Z4 has arrived, so how about the Lambo and I'll build my Z4 GT?

You have skills for using a spray can, I am with you on the Air Brush. Oh yea off topic, but I got the Aston Martin kit today to add to the CBP

You'll enjoy the build, it's a great kit - here's mine from a while back, painted, you guessed it, Tamiya Dark Blue Metallic from the can <_<

DBS-1.jpg

man, you guys are fast. Just got back from vacation, not sure what I have posted. Finished the 904 motor and installed in car. Did the fuel tank, sanding it nearly flat and remade the straps using plumber's tape and styrene. Fed through wire snd used tiny rod for tie downs.

Have cleared the metalizer, looks good. After I sand and polish, I will post.

post-9432-0-35501300-1333030354_thumb.jp

post-9432-0-20879000-1333030364_thumb.jp

post-9432-0-28528600-1333030385_thumb.jp

post-9432-0-23480200-1333030398_thumb.jp

I agree, nice looking R33, I will get some pics up on the Aston later tonight, getting the body painted right now.

Here is the body with with a few light coats, my sanding of the mold lines did not do a great job, still have a few areas that I need work on, I did not notice it tell after I got the paint down

as1.jpg

Edited by martinfan5