Model Cars Magazine Forum

I just love a good flea market.

Maybe you should wait a little more than twelve minutes for a reply.

I love flea markets and swap meets, but your post probably would've fit better into the "What Did You Get Today?" thread.

Edited by Casey

Closest we had here was a place called the Antique Mall in down town. They were in an old Carsons store building. Two floors of stuff and changing all the time! Found lots of old models for rebuilds and parts!

Then the city decided that they were taking up valuable space. Drove them out of business so they could tear down a large part of the building, for a parking lot for a building they had loaned a developer money to rehab. Now that building sits mostly empty, the loan never repaid and the lot has never been used even when the building was leased for a couple years by a college!

thats how they do it in california too, johnny! a real shame. there used to be numerous flea markets around here but most have either shut down or become primary distribution points for counterfeit womens stuff. and turned into "antique" malls though like some have said you can run across something at those occasionally. but the seller usually thinks they are plated in gold and price accordingly. some friends of mine have good luck going around to yard sales but i dont have the patience to do it much.

I picked up a revell hemi powered speed boat called "Hemi Hydro" that looks sweet.I also think it will look good with my 65 chevy stepside I have sitting collecting dust.

HMMMM, that sounds familiar! :lol: :lol: :lol:

HPIM3216.jpg

I really did not know that revell had a combo kit of the two,I just think this is a prime example of how great minds think alike. :lol:

Well after I read you were thinking the same thing, I just thought I'd let you know you had a great idea, great enough Revell sold it!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And hey, now you have an idea how good the combo looks together too! :lol: :lol:

A bit unrelated, but someone did mention antique shops. I got my Renwal '66 Packard revival kit at an antique store.

I don't frequent antique shops, but there was a time that me and my fiancee was on a road trip with a friend's mom to pick my friend up from northern PA, and on the way back from the Poconos we stopped at an antique shop along the way. I was surprised to find a couple models there and picked up a Monogram Duesenberg and a Monogram Ferarri Testarosa that were still sealed inside for about $5 a piece.

Funny thing. Im 2 miles from 2 large flea markets and rarely find models at all. See lots of old and antique glassware, dishes etc. Guess im going to look closer. Once in a while I get lucky finding modles, hot wheels etc about this time of year. Gotta check it out up until Christmas.