Model Cars Magazine Forum

SMP 1911 Chevrolet

The marketplace was already full of cars selling in the same price class of the Chevy 6, and the car was a commercial failure--even today, seldom ever seen at AACA meets, even in museums.

At the VCCA's 100th Anniversary in Flint, The Sloan Museum's 1912 or 1913 (There is discussion about when it was built) was on display, As well as this 1914 Light Six... believed to be the only one in existence. I believe that of Classic Sixes, the only two known are the one in Flint and the Oldest Chevrolet, found in Alberta Canada. If you know of any others, Let me know

DSC_0204.jpg

• 8 months later...

Therapy ? Build a model car . When I was a kid , my parents gave me a kit . I had the attention span of a gnat . No patience and could not sit still . I cannot sit still these days too . I trembled (still do) and shook . My Third Grade Teacher talked to my Mother about the new(ly) diagnosis of Hypertension . I was a textbook example . I got hooked on building Model Cars and found my place in Society . "Try it , you'll like it ."

BTW , I am patiently waiting for you to cast one for me . I build replicas of everything that moves in 1/25 ; 1/24 when I am forced to . Thanx ..

build a model??? obviously youve never seem my shop! i actually ment physical therapy..this kit may bring back my carpal tunnel! im a survivor of modelers add, ask me about... is that a tree? i like trees, and cake....

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

End price- $1,349.79! :o

I didn't pay that much for my last car! (Well, before I had to do all sorts of fixes over the last couple years, but still..)

Kevin, I don't care where I fall in line, just please be sure to hold one for me.

Charlie Larkin

End price- $1,349.79! :o

I didn't pay that much for my last car! (Well, before I had to do all sorts of fixes over the last couple years, but still..)

Kevin, I don't care where I fall in line, just please be sure to hold one for me.

Charlie Larkin

Yeah, but it didn't sell for that. On the positive side, the seller did come down from his original $1549.79 :P

I don't know what this kit is actually worth; if I remember correctly I paid somewhere around $100 for mine but I don't think I could let it go for that.

Yeah, but it didn't sell for that.

It didn't sell. The auction ended, and when you check the Completed Items listings, the price is in red, which means it didn't actually sell. I think a sold auction will state "Sold for: $xxx.00" when it actually sells, and it the price will be in green, too.

It didn't sell. The auction ended, and when you check the Completed Items listings, the price is in red, which means it didn't actually sell. I think a sold auction will state "Sold for: $xxx.00" when it actually sells, and it the price will be in green, too.

Yes, that's what I >meant< to say but I'm such a dolt with the English language that my meaning was lost. I'll refrain from posting in the future until I've consulted my Chicago Style Manual.

• 7 months later...