Model Cars Magazine Forum

1955 Chevy

AMT Pacemakers

Just started this one, hope to finish it over the winter, a 70's Street Freak, was going to have a 396 with a tunnel ram, but after mockup it stuck up to high and I didn't want a hole in the hood, so now its going to have a 396 with a single Holley, fenderwell headers, black int. etc.

gallery_5252_383_142705.jpg

Edited by Coker Creek Speed Shop

I am building a 55 Chevy 2 door gasser and would like to put a set of fenderwell headers on it.

What do you plan to use for headers? I tried ordering some from AllScale but have been waiting

since August for them, next plan is to build some from .093 solder.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments, Brad, I'll most likely use solder as well, but I think it will be somewhere closer to .062. Not much in the way of progress [i'm working on my 63 F-100 1;1 in all my spare time, its also gasser style, got a 390 built, running a set of 15x6 Ansens on the front and 15x8 steelies on the back.]

Robert

I was going with the .062 solder which would work for street headers, but looked to small for racing headers.

I made a prototype for one side just to see how it looks, start by epoxying the 4 pieces at the collector end and

working your way back to the heads. Post an update when you get the headers installed.

Brad