Model Cars Magazine Forum

1-8 scale 69 camaro pro mod (mike hill's car)

comp1839

thanks a bunch guys!!! your responses / questions are always welcome.

joe, yup. i turned round stock down on a taper and added flats.

ken, this will be a Gene Fulton 4 stage system. there are 2 more systems that need to be installed in the plenum ends. they are called "viper" systems. the nozzle that stick into the runners inside look like fangs. if this were a speed tech 5 stage system there would be another set of nozzles outside on the under side of each intake runner. it is a plumbing night mare!!!!!!!!! hehe. i hope i don't screw it up.

o.k. so it's been a while but, i haven't idle doing nothing. this is one of those times that some of you can appreciate. i've been doing all the little stuff for the carbs. you younger guys should take advantage of your eyesight while it's still really good. at 53 this stuff is one enormous pain in the butt!!!!

i started with the carbs. i put the throttle shafts in and the bowl vents. still working on the accelerator pump nozzle. i may also do the accelerator pumps and lever. time will tell.

005-5.jpg

later on i made the carb linkage arms out of aluminum and painted them semi gloss black.

013-4.jpg

after that, onto the carb shear plates.

006-4.jpg

then after that i made the linkage arms. the rod ends (and almost all of my hardware) are R.B.motion, of course.

008-6.jpg

thanks wayne. yes, mike is aware of the build. he may not know about this particular website but, he is aware that the build is going on. thanks for asking. i understand the car is for sale, if you or any one else is interested. i believe they want to build something else. i think i'll have to tell them to slow down.......i can't build the model as fast as they build the real car!!!!!! hehe.

i got a little more done before it's time to go to bed. i got the rest of the arms on the shafts and made the links to them. slowly but surely i'm getting there............and stop calling me surely! hehe.

028-2.jpg

029-1.jpg

Wow Dave. I'd state my true response upon seeing this project, but the forum censors would not allow it and I'd likely serve a ban for the number of expletives. :D Just incredible work that I could only dream about doing. Simply amazing. After seeing this, I know that I will take my 1967 Vette project VERY slowly and steadily so I can at least try and come close to building something in the ballpark of this project. (Though even if I did the best job I could do, I'd only be in the last row of the triple deck after seeing your work. :) )

Bravo sir. Bravo!