Model Cars Magazine Forum

1-8 scale 69 camaro pro mod (mike hill's car)

comp1839

other than obviously having renshape and a mill on hand, is there any reason you wouldnt print that block and heads? especially since they are smoothed out quite a bit, id think a little hand finishing could get it close to what you have and in less time. I knwo you use an outside source that isnt very close, but if it were more readily availble would it be an option? just wondering, not trying to make any parts or anything myself.

i dont want to take this thread off topic too much because it is way beyond awesome, but thought you may be interested in this. this is a 1/24 intake i did for my turbo 737 sonnys motor a couple months ago. its styled after a berry motorsports billet intake with 2 sets of injectors. At 1/8 i think the parts would look pretty good. i dont think ill ever make a model that big but would interested to see how this stuff would look blown up.

2012-01-16_13-57-39_729.jpg

Edited by Dom87SS

• 2 weeks later...

sooooo,.......i got around to making the rear brakes for the camaro. i tried to copy the lamb brakes that are on the car as best as i could. the floater hub and drive plates are one piece. i was going to make the hubs separate and actually roll but, i thought that might be going too far. i would want the car to roll off of a table some where.

here are the brakes.

001-10.jpg

008-3.jpg

010-6.jpg

013-3.jpg

since most of you don't machine. i won't include any of the machining strategies here. if you are interested, just ask.

thanks a ton guys!!! glad you like the brakes.

scott, the rotors are made of a composite modeling foam, sorta like renshape but, it's not renshape. it was given to me years ago. i don't know who the manufacturer is.

you are not wrong. the Lamb logo's are decals. to actually machine them in, i'd need a cnc mill. unfortunately my stuff is all hand screws.

thanks guys. i got to spend a little time in the shop so i made up a set of aluminum caliper mounts for the rear. chris, the calipers are TDR pieces.

109.jpg

110.jpg

i also started on the penske rear shocks.

104.jpg

i threw some color on them to see how they looked. i'll be dipping these in lacquer thinner and doing them over more appropriately later on.

108.jpg

still need to make the actual piston rods from stainless and the shock tops.