Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chevrolet Beretta 632 Cid. Bracket Car.

W-409

Thanks for the pictures again, Mike! They do help me...

And wow, that's expensive kit! I've seen those kits with $30 some where, maybe on eBay, but that $149 is really high price... Well, I'm happy I got this one and I can build Race Car from this version too. :D

Update, I cut that front end off with Trumpeter Panel Scriber and saw. Then I glued the hood on, and after some test fitting everything looked alright... But I had to glue some styrene to that front end. Now I have that firewall in progress, hopefully some pictures coming later. ;)

And no, I don't have three hands, only Camera stand and self timer on that camera....

P2160324.jpg

P2160325.jpg

P2160326.jpg

P2160327.jpg

P2160328.jpg

P2160329.jpg

Great job on the cutting of the front clip.... it is a tedious job but a gratifying one when completed.

I do have to ask, you cut the hole in the hood already, was this a used hood from something else or did you preemptively make the cut without knowing where it needs to be? I would have thought you would have waited until the block was mounted, this way you would have know where you need to cut and just how big.

P2160328.jpg

Edited by eviltwincustoms

Thanks fellas!

Bart: Thanks, I cut that hole to the hood, but the engine will be there, I guess. Anyway I'm going to fit a scoop there, so that hole will be covered after all. That hole is just for mocking up everything before assembly, now I can test fit the engine, and that front end at the same time.

Dave: Thanks for the pictures, they help me very much. Yeah, I filled that curve, actually now it's easier to build the firewall, when it don't have to be curve, it looks better too.

Hopefully I can continue this one today.

Some progress has been made, but it's bit slow since I have to plan how I can get good looking parts. Actually firewall is done twice, and this version looks much better than the first one. BUT it's not completed yet, still in progress. Just wanted to share these pictures so you can see that I'm making progress with this. Maybe I can move to the engine and chassis soon.

P2180344.jpg

P2180346.jpg

P2180347.jpg

I cut the chassis to two pieces, because the front end will be built from tubing. First picture shows, what I did for the chassis, and then it was possible to glue those tubes on their place.

Bit badly said, but can't say it better, let the pictures to the talking... :rolleyes:

P2180373.jpg

P2190376.jpg

$149.00 !!!!! WOW!!! I have some of these in my garage packed away , what makes em worth so much???

The kit I posted the link to only sold for $17.49. That's about what it's worth. The guy asking $149 is a nut job. Just look at the prices he has on his other items. I really don't understand how he ever sells anything,but somehow he does. I knew as soon as I saw the prices on those other two kits that it had to be pj-toys.

Thanks Terry! Actually there are about 50 projects going on. Some are coming along fast and some are coming really S.L.O.W. I've posted the most interesting builds here. Constructive criticism is great when the goal is to get better and better. Hopefully there comes some great and clean builds from my bench some day. :)

No progress for the Beretta yet, but now I'm back from Paris and I can continue building models.

• 2 weeks later...

Some more progress with this build too. I test fitted the frame to the body, and cut those half-round openings to firewall. Now that chassis fits nicely to the body, and I can continue building the front end of that chassis. Engine mounts need to be done too, and remove paint and glue from that engine.

P3080147.jpg

P3080148.jpg

P3080149.jpg

P3080150.jpg

Yeah, pretty expensive. :wacko: Huh.

I'm working with the front end again, and trying to make it fit better on its place. I guess I will be able to post some pictures soon, if I get anything bigger done. ;)

I bought White Putty from Model Car Contest, and I had to test it now, since I managed to get that front end fit correctly. I applied some White Putty now, and it's much better than Green Putty. Smooth and thin, Green Putty is rough and thick. :lol:

P3110206.jpg

P3110207.jpg

P3110210.jpg

Niko... you are making some great progress on this build and its looking good. For putty, I would recommend using the 2 part bondo brand. I am not sure what all you have available to you but you can pick this type of putty up at pretty much any local auto parts store. if you need a pic of it let me know and I can take a pick of mine for you. I have a personal preference of using the 2 part because in my opinion it is better, it doesn't shrink and it dries much faster. You could be sanding way at it in 15/20 mins.

Thanks Chris, I have two-part bondo too, and I'm using these Green and White Putties sometimes, but usually I use that two part bondo. It dries very fast, that's true. The worst thing with two part bondo is, that it is harder to sand than this putty. But overall, it's better stuff, and I've been using it mostly.

The paint has been stripped off from the engine, and I can start building it too. First I must take apart everything I can. Valve covers need to be modified also, and then I will add Merlin decals to them.

P3140249.jpg

P3140250.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The kit I posted the link to only sold for $17.49. That's about what it's worth. The guy asking $149 is a nut job. Just look at the prices he has on his other items. I really don't understand how he ever sells anything,but somehow he does. I knew as soon as I saw the prices on those other two kits that it had to be pj-toys.

That guy runs those high priced kits over and over and over...maybe he sells some??? LOL...he usually does have some pretty cool kits though!

My new fav is the guy selling parts packs....wheels/tires from a Funny Car $19.95. LOL...we sell the whole kit for that!

The Berretta Pro Street sells for $20-$25 when we get them in. (Just wanted to share)

Edited by jimnohio

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the kind comments!

It has been a while since the latest update. But finally I managed to add some tubing for the front end. They are made from parts trees, but I can't glue them yet, I can glue them when everything is painted and ready to go together. On the pictures, parts are just mocked up together.

P6170270.jpg

P6170271.jpg

And then I glued that little cross bar on place.

P6170272.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Working with the chassis. Rear wheel wells and rear floor parts are from Trumpeter's '64 Falcon. After few modifications they fit okay, even though there are some holes what need to be filled in with styrene. Hopefully tomorrow I can get the first coat of bondo applied.

P6250084.jpg