Model Cars Magazine Forum

Little GTO...

Scale-Master

What do you mean? Is there some other kind of GTO? :P

If it ain't a Gran Turismo Omologato, it ain't a GTO... at least from where I'm sitting!

That's really cool! Nice work on a ?Hot Wheels? mini. I have a red one, myself. Did you make the decals yourself? If so, they've come out really well. What kind of decal paper do you use? My only suggestions are that you might try painting the headlights silver after all that effort elsewhere, and if it really matters to you, the black in the scoops behind the rear wheels is in the wrong place - the "hole" opens into the wheel arch to let hot air out from cooling the brakes, and the scoops themselves are solid.

Thanks for sharing!

all the best,

M.

Edited by Matt Bacon

Thanks guys. Yes, I made the decals myself. I'm using Decafix paper.

I did another version using this GTO casting and painted the headlights as you describe, but it drew attention to them in a bad way.

It is just a Hot Wheels and in no way meant to be a realistic replica of anything.

The black behind the vents (among other things) is something I can do on a Hot Wheels that I would not do on a "real" model. It was meant as a styling accent, not a hogged out crescent in the fender...