Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Do you keep records of your builds?

I find this to be an interesting topic.... I my self make a document for each of my model builds...i do a little research on the subject ( car's only ) and type this into a document...After all painstaking hours and detail i put into a build, i want to know the history of the car i built... all this is included with photos and all of the Paints..Brands...Colors I have used on my build...along with the instructions of the assembly...they are all in nice folders.and numbered 1 thru 56 ( 57 on the way ) and they are in the order of which i have built them. and of course they are all dated..:)

Amazing my first model (number 1) looks well Good...But number 56 is super...i felt i have came a long ways in this addictive hobby...but you know my First Model (number 1) is really in it's own way my favorite...BTW..my first build is a 57 Chevy Belair..

Anyway....Cheers To All...& Happy Holidays...:)

I find this to be an interesting topic.... I my self make a document for each of my model builds...i do a little research on the subject ( car's only ) and type this into a document...After all painstaking hours and detail i put into a build, i want to know the history of the car i built... all this is included with photos and all of the Paints..Brands...Colors I have used on my build...along with the instructions of the assembly...they are all in nice folders.and numbered 1 thru 56 ( 57 on the way ) and they are in the order of which i have built them. and of course they are all dated.. :)

Amazing my first model (number 1) looks well Good...But number 56 is super...i felt i have came a long ways in this addictive hobby...but you know my First Model (number 1) is really in it's own way my favorite...BTW..my first build is a 57 Chevy Belair..

Anyway....Cheers To All...& Happy Holidays... :)

You mind if we share systems? Because what you described sir, is exactly what I'm going to start doing.

Edited by Mr. Moparman

You mind if we share systems? Because what you described sir, is exactly what I'm going to start doing.

Mr. Moparman..Share systems ??? Sorry i am confused..not know what you mean :unsure: :unsure:

But hey if there is anyway i can be of help....Be happy to do so..

Cheers & Happy Holidays....Don

I have a notebook which I put down all of the notes from the build so I don't forget stuff. I jot down colors used, modifications made, what parts came from which kits, which aftermarket suppliers I used for certain parts, etc, etc. I also keep track of the completion dates.

I tried that once or twice and then tired of it. I attempted to do a status of where I was at with a certain build,paint used etc.It became all too overwhelming.I do try to at least write the paint type and color somewhere inside the body.I'd like to find a system(computer) where all this could be done.

All of these are great ideas, i post here and photobucket and since starting my website i have more freedom to do more there than on a forum including a ton of photos and wording, with out taking up a lot of server space here or other forums.

Edited by Darren B

I don't because I have a hard enough time staying focused on a build without documenting everything. I would rather spend my time building instead of documenting. I rarely take WIP photos or post them. I have one build that I have done WIP photos on and it's still setting unfinished. Maybe if I had spent the time I wasted taking photos,loading them on the computer,cropping,uploading them to Photobucket,posting them and typing, I would probably have it finished. :lol: