Model Cars Magazine Forum

My 1953 Hudson Hornet

jjsipes

I have been trying to work on this Hornet ever since it came out.

I started with Tamiya Park Green on the body and Tamiya Racing Green on the Roof. Had a pretty good shine on it so I bare-metaled the trim. That took about 2 days to do off and on. This car has a lot of trim on it. I have yet to polish the body any and it has no clear on it. I think it looks good.

Then for the interior I started with Testors Light Earth spray for the darker color and Testors Fabric Tan for the lighter color. Once again I wasn't sure aboutthe colors but I think it looks good.

Got the chassis pan spray with Dupli-Color Semi Flat black and the frame sprayed with Testors Black Lacquer that has a semi-gloss shine to it. Has great contrast. Hope to have more completed soon.

Just after I sprayed and untaped.

Hudson.jpg

Body has Bare-metal applied.

HornetBody2.jpg

HornetBody1.jpg

Just after I untaped interior.

HornetInterior.jpg

Great start! Great color choices! And a thumbs up on following the correct line on foiling the side trim. I have seen pics of the foil trimmed on the bodyside style line, and not on the top edge of the side spear, as it should be. Looking forward to seeing this one complete!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Jason the Build is fantastic.....The blurry photos do it a disservice.....try backing up a bit, or if hand held...get a small tripod....This one shows you're too close....I love the two interior colors!

Edited by MikeMc

• 4 years later...