Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cool video...

tyrone

Tyrone, you of all people should be able to speak about this. Is there a problem with Outlaw/Grudge style racing where maybe the rules are just a bit too loose which is why most of these clips show cars that seem to be on the ragged edge and out of control? I've been around drag racing my entire life and at sanctioned events you never seem to see this many mishaps, unless the weather is playing a role in the outcome.

And, does anyone know if the driver of the red Mustang that went airborne at the top end was allright? The top end shots show some kind of material that had pierced the greenhouse and it didn't look too good. I kind of chuckled though (even though it was nothing to laugh about) as to how careful those guys were when it came to trying to load the car onto the rollback as it didn't appear to be much salvageable left on it.

hey fellas, I thought that video was cool, and thought I'd share it with you, I really like how those turbo cars pick the wheels up past the 330' mark. Like outlaw 105 said alot of these cars running in those classes dont have wheelie bars and are on a small tire which makes the racing exciting, I'm really looking forward to 2012, I plan on getting my 1:1 car back together and back to the track..... HOPEFULLY... :)

phew thanks for clarifing that Wayne ,because I was starting to think ^$*& that for racing.

couldn't believe the mustang flipped at the end of the 1/4 mile

mustangcrash1.jpg

mustangcrash2.jpg

mustangcrash3.jpg

Edited by Boreham

Tyrone, you of all people should be able to speak about this. Is there a problem with Outlaw/Grudge style racing where maybe the rules are just a bit too loose which is why most of these clips show cars that seem to be on the ragged edge and out of control? I've been around drag racing my entire life and at sanctioned events you never seem to see this many mishaps, unless the weather is playing a role in the outcome.

And, does anyone know if the driver of the red Mustang that went airborne at the top end was allright? The top end shots show some kind of material that had pierced the greenhouse and it didn't look too good. I kind of chuckled though (even though it was nothing to laugh about) as to how careful those guys were when it came to trying to load the car onto the rollback as it didn't appear to be much salvageable left on it.

yea the driver of the mustang was fine he was sore for a couple of days.it was dennis bailey bb&t racing.

The piece hanging out of the mustang looks like the headliner, black on one side, gray on the other.

What I don't understand is when the car stands up like that, you've already lost the race so why destroy your equipment trying to prove how big a pair you've got? (Ego Overload, you're not that good a driver. Lift and work on the suspension a little more. Live to race another day.) :o