Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

Sorry for posting this late, I have spent the morning catching up on over 20 pages of updates since last Friday. LOTS OF GREAT WORK GUYS!! I will post a pic or two of what I've got later today.

Virgil Suarez aka Doctor Cranky - 'The Claw', 'Sniper' and a diorama for all of us aka HIGHWAY TO HELL!!

Mark Thompson - 92 Mercury Cougar named 'Peeping Tom', and a new model named 'The Collector'

Dirk Pitt?

Scott De Angelo - twisted metal black replica of roadkill

Tony Turnbull - AMT '61 Galaxi named 'Galaxium'

Hollywood Jim - VW named 'Head Shot'

Neal Cunningham aka outlaw035 - chevell named 'CheveHell'

Jairus Watson?

Wayne Gray aka Agent G - Revell Silverado (thinking some form of command/recon truck.)

Jim Kennish - giving it a go, although he's not sure what he's building yet

Erik Hendo - dude buggy with a twist

Chuck Most - In, just doesn't know when or with what

Rob Mattis - scratch building the 'Puma ATRV (All Terrain Recon Vehicle)

Bobby Willard aka B-Dub - Mack and tank

Rodney Badger - In and using the Monogram RamCharger

Anthony McCormak - wants to know how many vehicles he can build!!

Randall Lyon - He's in not sure what he's building yet though

Erik Davis - Not a clue what he will use, but all for smashing zombies

John Derek Barnes - 69 Charager zombie hunting scout

Shane Moore - D.O.H tin kit 69 charger named 'Nukes of Hazzard'

Robert Love - He starts tonight!!

Mike Rousseau?

Rob Lee - 842 Grievous Wound, Dodge Die-ora 'martyr' vehicle, Swamp Runner, Sprinter getaway car, MUrder Machine, CCAF(communist coallition air force) Red Hawk, U.S. Army Satcomm vehicle 'Liger', mystery vehicle

Lane Allen - he made mud. REAL mud.

Andy Hobbs - his idea wil be epic if he can pull it off

Paul Cowell - has a ghostbusters caddy, a tank, and Anikens podracer to build with

Cole Boswell - Rat rod zombie killing machine

Derrick Six - making some zombie figures and a WW2 jeep with trailer and 30 cal. in back

Don Garret - Peterbil 359 and probably a Huey for good measure

Tim Myers - Pickup with the theme of waterboy

Curtis Bertschi - Volkswagen Beetle

Danny Somma formerly Bronxrumble5 - Dodge Dart

Andy Shoberg - Try his hand and have some fun

Patrik Aminoff - 06 z1 vette named Apocal Vette

Darren Bishop - needs to figure out what to build and get started

Austin Tyler?

Ryan Weinstein - his model will have to be in somewhere around the 3rd week of december

Chris Eddy - building completely from parts and materials he has on hand

John Verkerk - 71 - 73 Vega named 'VEGADEATH'!!

Jamie Lambert - lifted chuck wagon truck with a BBQ smoker trailing behind

Joe Zelanis - 1-1/2 ton WC63 named 'Ice Breaker'

Patrick Mosier - 69 Dodge Charger

Michael Hensley - Peterbuilt wrecker

Hugh Grubb - Monster truck named 'The Tenderizer'

Jonathan Stephens?

Barry Harker - lots of great work

Mike Laliberte?

Roger K Damron - 69 Dodge 440 six pack

Efren Alonso - Chevrolet c1500 454ss witha mustard bottle

Dale Mickley - 66 Chevell wagon named 'Meet Munchie'

Hadi Rochmansyah - newbie wants to participate

August Carter - going through his 'stash' to see what he can come up with

Steve Gilmore aka Blazefox - boss 429 named 'black sunshine', PeterBuilt 359 named 'RoadRage'

David A. Gudzinas?

Ron Masterman - old muscle car named 'Dragon Tooth'

Levi Johnson - 1941 Ford Woody

Dylan Simpson - 06 Hertz mustang named 'MIA'

Harry Pristovnik?

Rick Schmidt - Dodge Challenger (I think)

Dave Van - doesn't need more projects, but he's sucked in now

Wayne Stevens Jr. - Tamiya Land Cruiser

Shane F Decker - never tried this kind of build, but would like to expand his knowledge

Michael Courson - 1950 Chevy 3100 Pickup truck named 'Project Heavy Metal'

Stoney Stone - not sure what to build yet

Terry Locco - In as soon as Uncle Sam kicks some extra funds his way

Rylan Kapuy - Peterbuilt 359

Donn Yost - He's IN!!

Ron 'Pops' Royston - Dodge Magnum Wagon

Luis Aguilar - toyota hilux

Keith Prins - 57 chevy hardtop named 'RoadKill'

Robert Daws - Ghost Buster ecto 1a named 'Zombillac'

Paul B. - taxi

Aj/LeBaron/Ten Speed - joining but doesn't have a clue what to build

Ryan Silva - merc

Matt21726 - dart

Ian White - mini cooper named 'Holly's Zombie Outreach'

Joe Chernauskas - Jurassic Park Mercedes Benz

Ken Stone - Merc named 'The Zombie Car' and maybe the 09 Dodge Challenger a little later

Tom Kren - thinking about doing one and lives in Ohio!

Eelco Egelmeer - Chevelle named 'Galloper'

Harold Guinter - f-250 named 'The Rig'

Ryan Silva - Monster truck named 'The Hangman'

Jerred Crooker - Monster truck semi

Danno Classified?

Daniel Gabriel - Revell Acura (sorry man, I don't speak spanish and google translate kinda sucks, so I don't know what the rest of your email said)

Gary Ippolito aka 'Hot Rodder' - Chevy Nirvana named 'Zombie Vantasy'

Alex Nicasio - 70's Custom Van named 'THe Medicus'

Rick Forrester - TZH Track Van

Al Douglass - 80 Ford Bronco

Dennis Leo - truck named 'Widow Maker'

Patrick Aminoff?

Bart E. Deatherage - needs to learn to post picks

Elliott Johnson 56 Belair named 'Zombie Trapper'

Robert M. aka Rob79 - In after he finishes his 69 Camaro

Tyler aka mazdagt1 - chevy pickup

Justin Wood - Hummer H2 named 'Stealthy Spike'

Jason Cornman - Joining up

Shawn Steinle - AMT'84 CMG 4x4 named 'Bad Karma'

Those with question marks next to your names, you have posted to this thread but have not made it clear if you ar joining or not. I have only posted select pieces of what people have said they will work on when they started or have let me know after I made this list, and have not really gone through and updated what you guys are actually working on. I counted 98, including the names with question marks.

If you guys email me what your building and the name of it, I will keep an updated list of who is working on what that I can post each week or two. Email me your name as it appears in my list or if you are not on the list and want to be (and if you are on the list and aren't participating), let me know at Uberdeath322@gmail.com. Any other info you want included in the list, let me know.

Edited by UberDeath322

I don't have much to show, since I can't really get any painting done at the moment, but here's what I have so far. Just phone-camera pics for now...

IMG_20120211_143327.jpg

I planned to build this OOB as a Hemi Dart, but I messed up when I opened the rear wheel-wells, so I figured this would be a good candidate for a post-apocalypse ride. I enlarged the front wheel openings a bit, and opened up the trunk for extra fuel tanks.

IMG_20120211_143351.jpg

The Fuel tanks are made by WAVE, and are originally designed for mecha models, but I think they work for this, too.

IMG_20120211_143403.jpg

I drilled out the front running lights in the grill, and the side market lights in the body. I really don't think such things will be necessary in the future wasteland.

IMG_20120211_143335.jpg

I have yet to decide if I will go with the 440 Magnum or 426 Hemi.

IMG_20120211_143341.jpg

I think I will be going with ruddy brown primer for the main color.

IMG_20120211_143509.jpg

JOE, THANK YOU for the up to date list. I copied it to the first post! YOU ARE A REAL TROOPER for doing this for us.

Neal, I copied your build to the next round of WIP video archives. Great interior, buddy. Keep the eye candy coming.

Antonio, I also copied your build.

GREAT WORK, everyone!

more from Cheve-Hell....power plant is a big block chevy nuke powered...2 small reactors on the top of each wheel well supply the enriched uranium from the containers down at the base of the firewall...the 2 containers in front of the radiator supply the spark for the 2 small nuke powered flame throwers coming out the front grille...

CheveHellenginecloseup.jpg

CheveHellenginewithhoodon.jpg

Edited by outlaw035

more from Cheve-Hell....power plant is a big block chevy nuke powered...2 small reactors on the top of each wheel well supply the enriched uranium from the containers down at the base of the firewall...the 2 containers in front of the radiator supply the spark for the 2 small nuke powered flame throwers coming out the front grille...

So it was you that started the Zombie outbreak?

Hello all

Ive been watching this discussion for a while. Ive been looking thru my stash and at the sales in stores for a kit to build. I have finally chosen a 1/25 scale Revell Viper SRT10. My idea is for sort of a Mad Max style interceptor with zombie killing attachments. I remember seeing in the discussion at one point where to get 1/25 scale weapons but cant seem to locate it now. Would someone be kind enuff to post again?

Hello all

Ive been watching this discussion for a while. Ive been looking thru my stash and at the sales in stores for a kit to build. I have finally chosen a 1/25 scale Revell Viper SRT10. My idea is for sort of a Mad Max style interceptor with zombie killing attachments. I remember seeing in the discussion at one point where to get 1/25 scale weapons but cant seem to locate it now. Would someone be kind enuff to post again?

Try searching for "weapons". Search box is up in the top right. Here's a repeat of my post on the subject:

Lego Minifig weapons and 1/18th scale action figure weapons can be used to some extent. Being toys, their scale is somewhat variable.

Sometimes you can find them in 1/25 too, in car kits. I saw an aftermarket set a couple days back, but don't recall where.

http://minifigworld.com/

http://www.marauderi...vlet/StoreFront

Edited by otherunicorn

Honestly there is no weathering on it. That is just the color of the plastic and the color of the pieces that the build sheet calls for. I am building the model first and weathering after. I am still not sure exactly how I am going to do it. I think what your seeing is the affect of having top down lighting and a 3 year old web cam that I dug up in order to post some pics.

Edit: I have A LOT of ideas for this model and hopefully I will be able to get half of them done.

Edited by UberDeath322

After the great war that destroyed the world as we know it, the remnants of the US military were faced with a problem-

Lack of working vehicles.

The first and second waves of the invasion effectively destroyed 90% of the military's vehicular mass, leaving the remaining forces to their own skills and creativity-

An example of this ingenuity is the U.S. SatComm Vehicle "Liger".

Outfitted with a radar dish, radio antennae set for all frequencies(AM, FM, CB, Microwave, etc.) belt-fed turret guns, storage space(for landmines, EMP emitters, tow chains, and extra supplies), and a 85 gallon fuel supply, the Liger can support a pilot and copilot for weeks in the harsh wasteland terrain.

The crew of this marvel of military genius consists of the pilot (who operates the vehicle's movement, and in a pinch has the ability to take over control of the turrets in the event of the copilot's death) and copilot(who operates the radar, radios, and weapon systems).

The copilot's seat is outfitted on all sides, with an overhead screen displaying fuel range, speed, and battery life, a forward screen displaying targets, radio broadcasts(with range from broadcast displayed next to the chatter windows), ammunition, and has the option for infrared display in the right conditions. To the side the comm radio is installed, with all frequencies available for broadcast.

The pilot's seat is outfitted with the basics- a steering wheel with thumbsticks for manual turret control and an emergency lever to eject the cockpit roof in the event of emergency.

Most of the foreside of the vehicle is plated in diamond plate steel.

Without further adieu... here's the pics!

IMG_20120210_152038-vi.jpg

IMG_20120210_152020-vi.jpg

IMG_20120210_152010-vi.jpg

more past the break...