Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

That ruddy brown would actually make a good rust base to paint over :) salting makes it easy!

I don't know yet if I will be going with rust on this one. It will definitely be banged up and dirty, but right now I think the people using it would be really careful to keep it in good working order, like by keeping rust from taking hold, since cars and replacement parts for them would be really scarce.

Of course, that can change, as I see more of the model take shape.

Nice counting there, Joe. Wow, I still can't believe it. Lots of folks have come over from the YOUTUBE community to join us here . . .

Its nice to see more youngsters are getting into the hobby since it fizzled out there for a while, and you cant buy models in wal mart and k mart any more. With the help of the internet it helps kids and adults realize what they are missing out on and gets them started.

next up will be the "Zombie Annihilation Vehicle"...or "Z.A.V."...but not for awhile...got a replica 2010 mustang to do and in march a 40 ford pickup for a club build...but got a feeling that the ZAV will squeeze in there somewhere these are way to much fun to build...dam u Dr.C...first u get me into the ratrod builds now this....thanks...cant wait to see what u will come up with after we "KILL THE ZOMBIE'S"....yea thanks for that tooo...just keeps rattling around in my head....lol... B)

LOL, you've got the TZH bug, buddy. Yeah, it's good to take a little break, which is exactly what I am doing too after SNIPER gets done, and then come back for another round. That's how the blood keeps pumping!

Yes, Kill the Zombies, Kill the Zombies, Ooh-Aah! Ooh-Aah! :lol:

Folks, one thing I want to bring up for those folks heading into a second round of builds, remember that you don't want to get burned out. You might want to take a little rest and do something else for a while. Remember that we still have like 8 more months to go. We need the troops fresh and ready!

The other thing I wanted to mention is that, again, if you are looking for ideas and inspiration, I hope you look no further than some of the models here.

Folks, one thing I want to bring up for those folks heading into a second round of builds, remember that you don't want to get burned out. You might want to take a little rest and do something else for a while. Remember that we still have like 8 more months to go. We need the troops fresh and ready!

The other thing I wanted to mention is that, again, if you are looking for ideas and inspiration, I hope you look no further than some of the models here.

Well, i for one am mixing it up with other builds i have on the go,,i tend to get bored working on 1 model at a time,,but because i have never done anything like this kinda build ,,it's proving to be fun and relaxing,,without having to worry about fit and finish,,it's all good :D

Those poor, poor zombies and raiders... they didn't have enough blood to paint the whole car!

IMG_20120210_150131-vi.jpg

IMG_20120210_150138-vi.jpg

HAHA! I hope you guys like it.

Thanks for all the kind words on Liger- I try to be mad genius but sometimes it just comes out completely nutso with a twist of OHMYGAWDITWORKED!

Comment away!

Totally LOVE the blood spattering ... brilliant.

Looked up some killer ideas on Google today, its amazing what u can find on zombies :) or zombie survival. Gona start lookin for kits this week, I might even do some scratch building.

Welcome to the TZH Squad, Richie. Get ready and jump right into the build. Looking forward to see what you will cook up.

Dale, that's looking wonderful.

I LOVE THIS IDEA! This is a great thread i'm in. One will be a project I already had planned, a C5 Vette. After that I might also build either a Hilux or a Supra. I might even try to build some sort of dark militant future car, Kinda looks like a car but very military looking and future techie.