Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

There will be some of us with a higher rank than general, in that case! I've seem some builders here with 5+ vehicles.

I've got one for the enemy, one for the nuisances, and six for the 'good' guys...

...what's that make me? LOL!

I'm taking a kit break for a few days and working on some scenery and random pieces... I'm still deciding what kits I wanna mash up next, and whether or not my budget will fit 'em. I may hit up the clearance racks at my LHS...

I figure I'll give you guys a chance to catch up.

...maybe. :P

Edited by ZombieHunter26

Rob, that makes you a 5 Star General!

Everyone, some great updates and progress.

Steven, Welcome to the TZH Squad and the CARAVAN, I sure do hope you can feed us some better quality pictures, clearly the level of work you are doing deserves better pictures.

Mark, that's some wonderful rusting.

Okay, copies some more progress pics for the next Video. If you want to make it to this next video try to post some progress by this weekend, Sunday would be fine.

Best, DC

I tell ya, the Hot Wheels Monster Truck wheels fit the TZH Apocolyptic feel way too well

Thanks to this CBP I have bought 2 hot wheels already, and today going to pick up a 4 pack that they have. Kind of a shame to tear them up but, oh well. They also had some John Deere combine that had some cool looking tires, still thinking about that one.

Because of this also, after 6 years I will finally break 100 post's.

Edited by dustym

So when I was trying to put the chassis in, and it was snagging on something.

After deconstruction this morning, it appears to be the front edge of the dash. Since the armor is going to be hiding it anyways I decided that it needs to be trimmed off with a Dremel.

I will also be dull coating the seat and weathering it a little, even if it won't be completely visible.

I also thought this would be the opportune time to make a cb radio as well. That would then complete the interior.

good gunns ar hard to find here is a tip i didnt see posted yet. Megablocks has new sets based on The Halo video game. The UNSC sets come with good weapons. Any thing from three barreled chainguns to rocket pods both big and small. Many fun interesting peices to use as armor. Millitary tires and rimms. So go buy some sets you'll find lots of goodies. Found at kmart wallmart and megablocks.com

Hello all.

This is my second post of progress on my '80 Bronco.

First pass at painting and salting. Did hairspray chipping on front bumper.

Still needs weapons and details. Then final painting and weathering can begin.

RFront-1.jpg

RRear-1.jpg

LRear-1.jpg

LFront-1.jpg

Everyone's terrific work is inspiring me to work harder.

Al

Jerred,

The chipping is really easy to learn. If I can do it, anyone can.

First lay down your base color you want to show through the chips. This can be rust or just a previous paint job. When that coat dries spray with cheap hairspray. Let dry thoroughly. Then paint with a water based paint like Vallejo Model Air. When that coat dries apply water with a cotton swab until the paint starts to loosen. You can use the cotton swab to remove the loosened paint, but I like to use a toothpick which gives more control. That's it.

Al

I put some work in on the Hangman over the past few days. Worked a little more on the mini gun and began working up a scizzor lift for it. I got some double tread diamond plate from Scale Dreams as well, and after cutting to fit and covering with some BMF, I'm starting to get some protection for our driver and passenger.

I really want to use this green hand that was a halloween cake decoration at one point. I plan on making some spikes for the finger tips. I'm just not sure where to place it on the front, but I added it here for effect. Lots more to do, but it's coming together!

20120214_164718.jpg

20120214_164830.jpg

20120214_164700.jpg

20120214_164906.jpg

here is some progress on galloper

after we converted it to run on propane we noticed that even with the trunklid removed the tanks still poked up a bit

to keep the TZs from gumming through the lines we decided to weld up and enclosement

(ill ad mesh later)

before you look at these pics i want you to remember that when we welded these plates on there were TZs hot on our trail and i did not have time to weld it like i usually do (normally my welds look like rolls of quarters)

1329268878.jpg

1329268770.jpg

1329268641.jpg

whats that ?

whats with the gymbag you ask?

well, i was thinking of working out later on tonight...working some zombies out of this world that is

1329268532.jpg

Al...look'n good

John...love the way u are making the whole upper part rotate...

Ryan...gun looks great...green hand reach at and touch some1...

Rick...stang is look'n nasty...

eelco...ur work on the trunk area is llok'n really good to me...but u better put a pair of nikes in the gym bag just in case.... B)