Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

Post aChopalyptica is more or less done in these photos. Mud/dust has already been added since they were taken. I need to paint a couple of door hinge mounts inside, and maybe add some lights. Interestingly, so far there is not a single gun on or in this car. May do some rusting, and the tires may need some matt varnish. (This build is staying with me in Australia.)

P1000658-vi.jpg

P1000659-vi.jpg

P1000661-vi.jpg

P1000662-vi.jpg

Robert, this thing is a MONSTER. Oh man, it looks great. Keep it going, you've got a lot of progress already in it. Thanks for the pictures, I copied them to the next video archive.

Joe C., you've got all sorts of wonderful parts line up. I can feel you getting ready. Go, man, go! Good luck.

Ken, great work. Got the pictures, thank you.

Post aChopalyptica is more or less done in these photos. Mud/dust has already been added since they were taken. I need to paint a couple of door hinge mounts inside, and maybe add some lights. Interestingly, so far there is not a single gun on or in this car. May do some rusting, and the tires may need some matt varnish. (This build is staying with me in Australia.)

P1000658-vi.jpg

Love that 49 body on this. ... great look!

Looks awesome Robert. Love the skulls. Ken I love that vehicle it looks so awesome. I wouldn't put any guns on it, I feel like it might ruin its awesomeness. That's just my opinion though, and you might have some ideas that I can't even picture that will indeed actually make it cooler. Keep it going guys!

I think if you couple the whole "the world is going to end in 2012" thought, that might be why post apoc themes are so popular?

Either way I'm at a contest and there's this cool post apoc thing somebody did. They took the fuselage of a messerschmidt bf-109 and removed the wings and replaced with off road tires.

Pretty cool!

Edited by wgflatliner

Wonderful progress, Eelco. Lots of eye candy folks, keep it rolling.

I think if you couple the whole "the world is going to end in 2012" thought, that might be why post apoc themes are so popular?

Either way I'm at a contest and there's this cool post apoc thing somebody did. They took the fuselage of a messerschmidt bf-109 and removed the wings and replaced with off road tires.

Pretty cool!

That does sound pretty cool. I guess you don't have any pictures?

Rylan...your truck just flipp'n rocks...

joe...lots of gtr8 zombie killing stuff there...

ken....A.W.E.S.O.M.E....luv it

spike...that thing is a load...luv the big A** gun...

Eelco...nice job on the liftgate and pushbar

nitro...im lik'n it

Edited by outlaw035

Rylan...your truck just flipp'n rocks...

joe...lots of gtr8 zombie killing stuff there...

ken....A.W.E.S.O.M.E....luv it

spike...that thing is a load...luv the big A** gun...

Eelco...nice job on the liftgate and pushbar

nitro...im lik'n it

hey, howcome i dont get a red font and big letters?

are we grading on a curve ?

:P

Got an Idea I was trying for a roof on my mouserod. I narrowed an old VW body to cover just the driver as I plan on a machine gun on the passenger side with that side plated over to close the interior.. Not sure I like the result. Maybe just use some screening over the driver and close off the passenger side.

Would be interested in any comments as I contemplate this ... :)

VWMockupDSC_0623.jpg

VWMockupDSC_0621.jpg

VWMockupDSC_0622.jpg

Would be interested in any comments as I contemplate this ... :)

I like it. For your passenger gun and cover, thing about a level (to the ground) gun and a cover that comes up at an agle with the gun built into it so that it is level and flat (again to the ground) around the gun, but the rest of it slopes up to the top. I think this would look really cool.

Wow, some excellent builds in progress. Keep the eye candy coming.

OK, Cranky, here ya go! I figured that since we're 85 pages into this build, I should get on the ball and build and post something so a few days ago, I dug a couple of boxes out of storage and started something BIG... Man I need to lay off the coffee...

We have the beginnings of a 6x6 large weapons carrier (Alien technology, energy weapon), scratchbuilt framerails, rear suspension from the T-600A kit, (Hendrickson 55,000# walking beam... good solid gear!), Driptroit 12v71, front axle and transfer case from Saurkrauts and scratchbuilt, modified driveshafts. Four fueltanks and one gasoline tank from the parts box...

im4j0o.jpg

f2q341.jpg

I'm going to use the K100 Aerodyne cab that I got in a lot of truck parts a few weeks ago... I figure that this way, I can locate the weapons control people in what used to be the sleeper and have a driver and defensive roof gunner position as well.

9pmepx.jpg

They were originally going to be in the rear of the truck because I was going to use this cab originally... It's a scratchbuilt, I eyeballed an Oshkosh and did me own thing with it...

35ji39w.jpg

Since this cab is now 'surplus', I'm going to dig out my 1/35 Iraqi BMP kit and pirate the lower half and use this as a cab for a tracked vehicle...

Now, here's where it gets interesting... This is the weapon that this vehicle will carry...

soy54o.jpg

The tan base is a 1/350 USS Missouri turret, I turned the barrel in my lathe and the greeblies are from the parts bin... OK, so why the huge truck for a weapon that's a scale 10' long??? It's not the weapon, it's the alien fusion reactor and all its earthly support components that tie the gun and the power supply together and make things work...

More later!

Edited by Wagoneer81