Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

OK here is my update. This was my first time airbrushing, ever! Please be gentle! I think I need to add some gray or something. The pics make this look really brown/tan. I used a gray primer, then Rust base coat, followed by a Tan and then a dust then a yellow green. Feels to blah. Any suggestions for texture/ a little more color? I was thinking about masking and maybe doing some camo stuff. Thanks guys!

P1040625.jpg

P1040618.jpg

Edited by RoadRunner1083

OK here is my update. This was my first time airbrushing, ever! Please be gentle! I think I need to add some gray or something. The pics make this look really brown/tan. I used a gray primer, then Rust base coat, followed by a Tan and then a dust then a yellow green. Feels to blah. Any suggestions for texture/ a little more color? I was thinking about masking and maybe doing some camo stuff. Thanks guys!

That looks pretty good to me. The shading comes through subtly.

Greetings from the wastland. Been following this for about two weeks and finally registered today. Amazing work by everyone and Cranky's photography is amazing.

I just watched "Land of the Dead", and I could envision most of these running down the street in that film.

I've been building post apocalyptic models for years, mostly Road Warrior inspired. They are moslty scary hot rods, like the movie, not the armored and armed to the teeth vehicles you guys have produced.

I've been following this zombie apocalypse build for awhile now, and have been wanting to join but I couldn't think of a good subject for it. I was at my LHS yesterday and found this on sale for $15...

10112004.jpg

I think it will make a good "bugging-out" vehicle. Not only are we fleeing the apocalypse in style, there's lotsa storage room in the back and ready-made slots on the hood for 2 small chainguns. (Where do you guys find your weapons in the right scale? All I can find is stuff in 1/35 scale.)

I'm gonna open the doors and the trunk in this one too. I think I'll call it "Michonne".

10 points for whoever gets the name reference. B)

Edited by northendmetalallstar

I've been following this zombie apocalypse build for awhile now, and have been wanting to join but I couldn't think of a good subject for it. I was at my LHS yesterday and found this on sale for $15...

10112004.jpg

I think it will make a good "bugging-out" vehicle. Not only are we fleeing the apocalypse in style, there's lotsa storage room in the back and ready-made slots on the hood for 2 small chainguns. (Where do you guys find your weapons in the right scale? All I can find is stuff in 1/35 scale.)

I'm gonna open the doors and the trunk in this one too. I think I'll call it "Michonne".

10 points for whoever gets the name reference. B)

From the Walking Dead. For the TV series character, see Michonne (TV Series). Michonne (pronounced ME-SHAWN) is a mysteriou. I love that show!

Edited by hotrodblder

You are right, Ryan .. it is a Logitech. It was an alt cover for my mouse that I didn't use. Feel free to use the idea .. it's actually the theme of this to sue anything laying around anyway. :) Probably any old louse laying around might contribute a body fer nuthing ... mine did! :)

I do have to find a better name .. but I have confidence it will come

Hey Guys try your local Goodwill store! You never know what you will find!! PK

OK, I've got a big update on the ZOMBIES!!!! First up is a group shot of the dead & the good guy's

IMG_9691.jpg

most are ready to have molds made & then casted, there are 8 zombies and 8 good guys

That guy in the back watching all of this...that's me LOL!!!!

IMG_9694.jpg

I still got aways to go in getting them ready for sale

Alex....for more texture i use rustoleum textured spray paint for suttle texture and if u want a more ruff texture i use plastic coat fleck stone or american accents stone creations spray paint....u can find these at lowes or home depoit or even micheals...pic below has the stone fleck under the paint....

CheveHellpascloseup.jpg

CheveHellenginewithhoodon.jpg

images below have the rustoleum textured paint under the regular paint...

12passideview.jpg

14rearview.jpg