Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

Well, I spent a long time trying to figure out what I was going to make and I think now I have my answer; the Titan's Heartbeat. I'll be using a Chevy Titan 90 and a few other kits. I'm hoping to get some progress done in the next few days and maybe even some concepts for you guys.

Hey All, I had a VERY good day today! Got see some modeling friends at our club meeting, stopped at the hobby store on the way home & picked up a couple do-dads for my Apocalypse build, and to top it off I just had a great epiphany for a new ride...."The Holy Roller" I don't recall seeing anyone doing this so here's something new. This will be a mobile "preaching" mobile similar to the "Pope Mobile". Some one has to spread the good word, bless the caravan, and try to give the undead souls a chance to repent before they are blown to bits :) This will be armored & have bulletproof glass for the "pulpit" area because as it has been since the start of religion not everyone believes the same "word" or wants to hear the word at all. Just need to figure out what to use as the base vehicle. Pics to come later of my parts I've gathered and start of the other 2 vehicles I am working on.

This is a killer idea Joe, I may need a good preachin to get rid of all theese crazy thoughts in my head after this build is over (just kiddin it has been a blast).Just an idea for the glass, clear plastic case for the smaller scale cars. Just a thought its your build let your mind roll.

for the interior i had removed the back seat and made an armor panel that will have some stuff put in it. i padded the area where the people go in and out of the car, and for the person in charge of the scope.

DSC03533.jpg

DSC03536.jpg

for the dash i removed the gauge cluster and replaced it with a couple wires with plugs on the end to mimic a wiring harness. i also drilled out and put a "screwdriver" in the ignition and did a new wire for the turn signal switch.

I have drilled out some holes that will have some toggle switches in them, and will be making a CB radio as well.

DSC03534.jpg

DSC03535.jpg

since the pics i have removed the entire center console, so when it's done you will be able to see the drive shaft from the inside of the car. i wlil be figuring out how to attach the shift lever to the transmission.

other stuff going on: i have a decent amount of stuff sitting in the rust baggy, and i coated the interior with the iron stuff to prep it for the rust solution. i plan on pitting the interior floor pan and putting in little holes as if it's rusting through a little bit. knowing the real car had plastic bumpers i will be "denting" them and painting them a flat black and might do some other weathering and damage things, maybe figure out oxidation techniques or something.

Can someone help me out a little with pics. Is what I do is take pictures on my phone and than upload it to facebook and than save to a file and upload it to this forum, but my problem is that the pics always come up as thumb nails. I cant figure out how to make the pictures bigger. Could someone help me out please? Thanks

Well , I found a great source of weaponry , for the Australian guy's KMart has a $15 bag of army stuff with all manner of guns (submachine guns cut down a bit are now in the old engine bay) and artiliery pieces and sandbag bunkers along with half a dozen soldiers that could become zombies ...

What are you goind to do with all the unwanted soldiers? :)

I derped. They weren't what I wanted for my cars, so I left them behind. Would have been perfect for my Fallout ponies though.

Folks, one thing I want to bring up for those folks heading into a second round of builds, remember that you don't want to get burned out. You might want to take a little rest and do something else for a while. Remember that we still have like 8 more months to go. We need the troops fresh and ready!

The other thing I wanted to mention is that, again, if you are looking for ideas and inspiration, I hope you look no further than some of the models here.

Thanks, already ahead of ya. I've been building some diorama's for Ebay and just looking at the builds. I'm not going to burn out here. Just getting my second wind.

Can someone help me out a little with pics. Is what I do is take pictures on my phone and than upload it to facebook and than save to a file and upload it to this forum, but my problem is that the pics always come up as thumb nails. I cant figure out how to make the pictures bigger. Could someone help me out please? Thanks

I use www.imgur.com and just make an album out of the pictures on my computer and then just right click each picture in the album and select copy link location, then in the edit box for posting to here there is a picture icon on the second row about halfway across. I just select that and paste my link. I repeat these steps for each photo that I have. If you need any more help or don't understand a part of the process, feel free to pm me. You can use pretty much whatever picture hosting service you want (e.g. flickr) and just right click the images to copy the link location.

Edited by UberDeath322

well I got a bit more done to The Rig

plus I've started a second project as you can seek that's peeking out from behind the cab. (codename: Blitzkreig)

DSCN9303.jpg

could anybody tell me how to make a decent exhaust for this because I'd like to run the stacks from the 359 peterbilt kit up the sides of the cab.

AWESOME guys. I am joining the THZ caravan. Yes, yes I have been bitten but I am not contagous. I am thorwing together a 76 Chevy Stepside. The basis for the build is a father/husband has nothing to lose after putting down his wife of 12 years and his 3 kids. As far as he can see in his mind's eye.....Nothing Matters. so without futher rambling I bring you Nothing Matters......

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?app=gallery&album=777

Please forgive the link. I havent figured out how to post the pics yet but I made a gallery album.

plus I've started a second project as you can seek that's peeking out from behind the cab. (codename: Blitzkreig)

could anybody tell me how to make a decent exhaust for this because I'd like to run the stacks from the 359 peterbilt kit up the sides of the cab.

Buy some K&S aluminum tubing. Heat it with a candle or cigarette lighter where you need to bend it. You can then bend it to the shape you want.

1) You don't need to bend it while it is hot. The heating anneals it, leaving it soft enough to bend. Reheat for further bends.

2) try heating the end bit first as a test. There is no visual clue as to how hot the aluminum gets. It will MELT before it glows.

3) K&S used to sell a brass 1/8" "Fuel Line" too, from the same stand. That is already annealed.

4) Warning: heated metal is hot!

DSCN9303.jpg

Harold I use Plastruct bend it to the shape you want then pass it over a candle to set it! Just enough heet till you fell it relax! Or K&S aluminum tube with a smaller peice of Evergreen tube inside it keeps it from kinking! Or you could slice & dice the kit exhaust to fit! HTH!! PK

Harold I use Plastruct bend it to the shape you want then pass it over a candle to set it! Just enough heet till you fell it relax! Or K&S aluminum tube with a smaller peice of Evergreen tube inside it keeps it from kinking! Or you could slice & dice the kit exhaust to fit! HTH!! PK

man this looks like it might be a sick rig, can't wait to see it done!

Sorry for posting this late, I have spent the morning catching up on over 20 pages of updates since last Friday. LOTS OF GREAT WORK GUYS!! I will post a pic or two of what I've got later today.

Virgil Suarez aka Doctor Cranky - 'The Claw', 'Sniper' and a diorama for all of us aka HIGHWAY TO HELL!!

Mark Thompson - 92 Mercury Cougar named 'Peeping Tom', and a new model named 'The Collector'

Dirk Pitt?

Scott De Angelo - twisted metal black replica of roadkill

Tony Turnbull - AMT '61 Galaxi named 'Galaxium'

Hollywood Jim - VW named 'Head Shot'

Neal Cunningham aka outlaw035 - chevell named 'CheveHell'

Jairus Watson?

Wayne Gray aka Agent G - Revell Silverado (thinking some form of command/recon truck.)

Jim Kennish - giving it a go, although he's not sure what he's building yet

Erik Hendo - dude buggy with a twist

Chuck Most - In, just doesn't know when or with what

Rob Mattis - scratch building the 'Puma ATRV (All Terrain Recon Vehicle)

Bobby Willard aka B-Dub - Mack and tank

Rodney Badger - In and using the Monogram RamCharger

Anthony McCormak - wants to know how many vehicles he can build!!

Randall Lyon - He's in not sure what he's building yet though

Erik Davis - Not a clue what he will use, but all for smashing zombies

John Derek Barnes - 69 Charager zombie hunting scout

Shane Moore - D.O.H tin kit 69 charger named 'Nukes of Hazzard'

Robert Love - He starts tonight!!

Mike Rousseau?

Rob Lee - 842 Grievous Wound, Dodge Die-ora 'martyr' vehicle, Swamp Runner, Sprinter getaway car, MUrder Machine, CCAF(communist coallition air force) Red Hawk, U.S. Army Satcomm vehicle 'Liger', mystery vehicle

Lane Allen - he made mud. REAL mud.

Andy Hobbs - his idea wil be epic if he can pull it off

Paul Cowell - has a ghostbusters caddy, a tank, and Anikens podracer to build with

Cole Boswell - Rat rod zombie killing machine

Derrick Six - making some zombie figures and a WW2 jeep with trailer and 30 cal. in back

Don Garret - Peterbil 359 and probably a Huey for good measure

Tim Myers - Pickup with the theme of waterboy

Curtis Bertschi - Volkswagen Beetle

Danny Somma formerly Bronxrumble5 - Dodge Dart

Andy Shoberg - Try his hand and have some fun

Patrik Aminoff - 06 z1 vette named Apocal Vette

Darren Bishop - needs to figure out what to build and get started

Austin Tyler?

Ryan Weinstein - his model will have to be in somewhere around the 3rd week of december

Chris Eddy - building completely from parts and materials he has on hand

John Verkerk - 71 - 73 Vega named 'VEGADEATH'!!

Jamie Lambert - lifted chuck wagon truck with a BBQ smoker trailing behind

Joe Zelanis - 1-1/2 ton WC63 named 'Ice Breaker'

Patrick Mosier - 69 Dodge Charger

Michael Hensley - Peterbuilt wrecker

Hugh Grubb - Monster truck named 'The Tenderizer'

Jonathan Stephens?

Barry Harker - lots of great work

Mike Laliberte?

Roger K Damron - 69 Dodge 440 six pack

Efren Alonso - Chevrolet c1500 454ss witha mustard bottle

Dale Mickley - 66 Chevell wagon named 'Meet Munchie'

Hadi Rochmansyah - newbie wants to participate

August Carter - going through his 'stash' to see what he can come up with

Steve Gilmore aka Blazefox - boss 429 named 'black sunshine', PeterBuilt 359 named 'RoadRage'

David A. Gudzinas?

Ron Masterman - old muscle car named 'Dragon Tooth'

Levi Johnson - 1941 Ford Woody

Dylan Simpson - 06 Hertz mustang named 'MIA'

Harry Pristovnik?

Rick Schmidt - Dodge Challenger (I think)

Dave Van - doesn't need more projects, but he's sucked in now

Wayne Stevens Jr. - Tamiya Land Cruiser

Shane F Decker - never tried this kind of build, but would like to expand his knowledge

Michael Courson - 1950 Chevy 3100 Pickup truck named 'Project Heavy Metal'

Stoney Stone - not sure what to build yet

Terry Locco - In as soon as Uncle Sam kicks some extra funds his way

Rylan Kapuy - Peterbuilt 359

Donn Yost - He's IN!!

Ron 'Pops' Royston - Dodge Magnum Wagon

Luis Aguilar - toyota hilux

Keith Prins - 57 chevy hardtop named 'RoadKill'

Robert Daws - Ghost Buster ecto 1a named 'Zombillac'

Paul B. - taxi

Aj/LeBaron/Ten Speed - joining but doesn't have a clue what to build

Ryan Silva - merc

Matt21726 - dart

Ian White - mini cooper named 'Holly's Zombie Outreach'

Joe Chernauskas - Jurassic Park Mercedes Benz

Ken Stone - Merc named 'The Zombie Car' and maybe the 09 Dodge Challenger a little later

Tom Kren - thinking about doing one and lives in Ohio!

Eelco Egelmeer - Chevelle named 'Galloper'

Harold Guinter - f-250 named 'The Rig'

Ryan Silva - Monster truck named 'The Hangman'

Jerred Crooker - Monster truck semi

Danno Classified?

Daniel Gabriel - Revell Acura (sorry man, I don't speak spanish and google translate kinda sucks, so I don't know what the rest of your email said)

Gary Ippolito aka 'Hot Rodder' - Chevy Nirvana named 'Zombie Vantasy'

Alex Nicasio - 70's Custom Van named 'THe Medicus'

Rick Forrester - TZH Track Van

Al Douglass - 80 Ford Bronco

Dennis Leo - truck named 'Widow Maker'

Patrick Aminoff?

Bart E. Deatherage - needs to learn to post picks

Elliott Johnson 56 Belair named 'Zombie Trapper'

Robert M. aka Rob79 - In after he finishes his 69 Camaro

Tyler aka mazdagt1 - chevy pickup

Justin Wood - Hummer H2 named 'Stealthy Spike'

Jason Cornman - Joining up

Shawn Steinle - AMT'84 CMG 4x4 named 'Bad Karma'

Those with question marks next to your names, you have posted to this thread but have not made it clear if you ar joining or not. I have only posted select pieces of what people have said they will work on when they started or have let me know after I made this list, and have not really gone through and updated what you guys are actually working on. I counted 98, including the names with question marks.

If you guys email me what your building and the name of it, I will keep an updated list of who is working on what that I can post each week or two. Email me your name as it appears in my list or if you are not on the list and want to be (and if you are on the list and aren't participating), let me know at Uberdeath322@gmail.com. Any other info you want included in the list, let me know.

The Widow Maker is an AMT USA-1 Monster Truck that I gutted the running gear from, and decided to turn into what it is today, oddley enough, I finished the truck right after TZH fever had begun, good timing if I say so myself

...notice the biblical scrip on the roof over the doors...

CheveHellbiblescrip.jpg

Genesis 3:19

New International Version (NIV)

19 By the sweat of your brow

you will eat your food

until you return to the ground,

since from it you were taken;

for dust you are

and to dust you will return.”