Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

I ventured out to Hobby Town today and ran across these 1/35th scale pick up kits. I don't remember the brand name, but they ran around $35 each. They were along the same lines as the photos that Agent G posted back on pg 92. I about fell over. They even come with a little Al Qaeda type gunner, too. I would have bought one, just for the hell of it and this build but I think I have plenty of time and maybe someone else might be interested in checking one out, too.

I think it's to bad they aren't 1:24 or 1:25 scale myself.

I do too, but the manufacturer targeted (pun intended) the armor building crowd. The military aspect of the kit, combined with massive amounts of accessories in the popular armor scale, made 1/35th scale a no brainer.

G

Someone's covered the zombie threat-

So I thought I'd cover the alien threat. (even though I -did- already cover the military threat, and the raider threat...)

Here's some primer pics of the alien fighter drones we might run into-

Bottom-

IMG_20120225_200542-vi.jpg

Front-

IMG_20120225_200551-vi.jpg

Rear-

IMG_20120225_200606-vi.jpg

Front angled-

IMG_20120225_200600-vi.jpg

Top-

IMG_20120225_200615-vi.jpg

Side-

IMG_20120225_200632-vi.jpg

This was built entirely out of scraps and cheap stuff. The dome is half of a quarter machine container!

The alien vehicle has elements of mechanical and organic structure- like the spine (made from an upside down 1/48 tank tread) and the random engine and enzo light assembly parts on the bottom of the chassis.

Old rotary tool bits and an old distributor cap make up the plasma cannon assembly.

This quick build is mainly to show what you can accomplish with a little imagination, and in between kits like I am.

Hope you like it!

I ventured out to Hobby Town today and ran across these 1/35th scale pick up kits. I don't remember the brand name, but they ran around $35 each. They were along the same lines as the photos that Agent G posted back on pg 92. I about fell over. They even come with a little Al Qaeda type gunner, too. I would have bought one, just for the hell of it and this build but I think I have plenty of time and maybe someone else might be interested in checking one out, too.

I had the oppertunity to look at one They are tiny!! could fit one in the bed of a 1/25 p/u! PK

Went and visited a mate this morning and picked up the gluebomb truck he had for me to use as the support vehicle for Holly's mini . Now to armour the truck and box to hold the mini (and detail the gun on the roof , ok , to fit it with a straight barrel and stop it looking like a toy and fit it into an armoured turret) and have some fun with it . The back of the truck will be an armoured box/workshop with hinge down rear door so the mini can board on the run like the original Italian Job for a faster escape from the Zombies out for revenge after there mates were devastated by the stealthy attack of the mini ;)

backup2.jpg

backup.jpg

Went and visited a mate this morning and picked up the gluebomb truck he had for me to use as the support vehicle for Holly's mini . Now to armour the truck and box to hold the mini (and detail the gun on the roof , ok , to fit it with a straight barrel and stop it looking like a toy and fit it into an armoured turret) and have some fun with it . The back of the truck will be an armoured box/workshop with hinge down rear door so the mini can board on the run like the original Italian Job for a faster escape from the Zombies out for revenge after there mates were devastated by the stealthy attack of the mini ;)

backup.jpg

Hehe. I recognize that gun!

Stealthy Spike Get Her Spikes

The parts: Styrene sheet, sprue and arms from two toy diggers

2012-02-26_19-00-35_31.jpg

Cool thing is the arms are movable enabling truly wicked zombie mutilation in many modes:

Cowcatcher

2012-02-26_20-11-43_651.jpg

and Crusher! (to name only two)

2012-02-26_20-11-10_565.jpg

Also the TZH Stealthy Spike crew find some awesome roof mountable weaponry that fell through a time warp ...

2012-02-26_20-17-50_241.jpg

Nothing say says Die Zombies better than a good old Flak 38 (or parts of it anyway ... the business parts)

Cheers

Justin

So many hours, so little change!

The Equestrian avengers now have their first weapon.

P1000698-vi.jpg

and the Nameless one has sort of taken on a Mad Max look.

P1000693-vi.jpg

P1000695-vi.jpg

Organizing those wheels was hard. Bits and pieces from all over the place. I hate those modern flashy wheels with low profile tires. Now it has some genuine 60's rims. Yes, I bought a 64 Fairlane for its rims. I had a lot of these rims back when they were orange and burgandy.

So many hours, so little change!

The Equestrian avengers now have their first weapon

P1000698-vi.jpg

and the Nameless one has sort of taken on a Mad Max look.

P1000693-vi.jpg

P1000695-vi.jpg

Organizing those wheels was hard. Bits and pieces from all over the place. I hate those modern flashy wheels with low profile tires. Now it has some genuine 60's rims. Yes, I bought a 64 Fairlane for its rims. I had a lot of these rims back when they were orange and burgandy.

Looks like it could use a huge huud scoop

It's Sunday morning and NO zombi progress.. oh no! :lol:

Maybe it time for me to make a confession ... I hate Zombies! No, not like you all want to kill them ... I flatly refuse to watch any Zombie movie or anything having to do with them.

Now, you all here have made me go against my convictions and I'm working on Mouse Rod Zombie Scout Car .. LOOKING for Zombies!!!!!!

So, I better show something ... been working on the Browning M1917 and It's starting to look like something. Some more tiny bits to all and it's just pusher together here. Also got a first primer coat on the mouse. Engine has been stripped of chrome and starting to come together. One turbo was attacked by the zombie-carpet monster. ((

M1719DSC_0625.jpg

Edited by Foxer