Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

Stealthy Spike Get Her Spikes

The parts: Styrene sheet, sprue and arms from two toy diggers

2012-02-26_19-00-35_31.jpg

Cool thing is the arms are movable enabling truly wicked zombie mutilation in many modes:

Cowcatcher

2012-02-26_20-11-43_651.jpg

and Crusher! (to name only two)

2012-02-26_20-11-10_565.jpg

Also the TZH Stealthy Spike crew find some awesome roof mountable weaponry that fell through a time warp ...

2012-02-26_20-17-50_241.jpg

Nothing say says Die Zombies better than a good old Flak 38 (or parts of it anyway ... the business parts)

Cheers

Justin

I LOVE THE SPIKES VERY COOL

Great pictures, Wayne, I copied them to the video archives. Thanks for sharing.

Some great work going on this weekend, including we are about to pass page 100 of this amazing CB.

Thank you all for the wonderful energy and for keeping the TZH Squad alive and kicking!

CHOW TIME!!!

Here's my tiny progress on the Chuck Wagon. Found this great 4x4 for $4 at Target:

http://www.newbright.com/product/view/id/170 (this is a different color, but same truck)

Gutted the thing for it's tires and pushbar. Then started looking at the "chassis" and noticed it had a small trailer hitch. Threw my soon to be wood grill on top to see what it looked like. I think it still sits a bit high for this scale, but I can sink the bottom of the barrel into the body more.

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

Now just to make a new chassis for the pickup.....lol

nice rid HUGH guss im kind copying u butt guss not 4 i hadent seen urs yet butt i think im gunna add a trailer 2 mine and make it a rolling fortress :)

You can't copy something you haven't seen before. :) There's a bunch of big tire big rigs in this thread, all different in some way. I think that is cool, can't wait to see yours.

Jamie, I'm hungry, throw me a burger on there, would ya? Seriously, that's looking cool.

Well it took some time but I finished this one. I added some markings, C Company, 3rd Marine Brigade (Provisional) Scout Truck #54.

Those old enough to remember Car 54 will understand. ;)

DSCF3561.jpg

DSCF3562.jpg

DSCF3563.jpg

DSCF3564.jpg

G

DSCF3565.jpg

DSCF3566.jpg

DSCF3567.jpg

DSCF3568.jpg

G

Good camo. I just love that heavy metalwork with the plates and the bolts. The window hatches are ... uhm ... to DIE for!

Finally some progress on the Tenderizer. The start of the fenders and bumper. Had to put a winch on there in case I have to pull some of you hot rods out of the ditch! :D

stripper002-1.jpg

stripper003.jpg

Neat cuts. What do you use to cut your styrene? Is the front bumper 3 sheets or one thick sheet?

With the help of my buddy JD, I took some primer pics of the diorama I made for the Europan alien attack drone.

He did well to hold it still and not drop it- I'd have been in poor spirits if I'd have had to re-cast the entire base from plaster again, let alone rebuild everything. So he made a great assistant, so far.

Anywho, to give you an idea of where it's headed after the primer stage-

It's an old fuel depot that was abandoned in the middle of the desert, and converted for use as living quarters. It's matchbox scale, I have an old burned out porsche 911 husk waiting to be put in after flocking and details paints. Tumbleweeds, sawgrass, sand, rocks, and possibly some people will be in the future of this dio.

I pretty much got bored and decided my leftover plaster mix and corrugate styrene had been sitting in my toolbox for too long.

here's the primer pics!

IMG_20120226_205846-vi.jpg

IMG_20120226_205856-vi.jpg

IMG_20120226_205915-vi.jpg

IMG_20120226_205924-vi.jpg

IMG_20120226_205909-vi.jpg

enjoy!

Neat cuts. What do you use to cut your styrene? Is the front bumper 3 sheets or one thick sheet?

Thanks. I don't use anything fancy, knife, straight edge, square, razor saw, miter box, balsa stripper. The front bumper is one sheet with square tubing glued on the back.

stripper004.jpg

Here's what I've been working on for the last hour or so.

stripper005.jpg

4 the life of me i cant figur out how 2 post pix up here proper :)

The way we do it is to use an external site such as http://www.fotki.com/ . Once our image is uploaded there, we click on it's "share" option to get the link. We then click on the image button on the second row of the forum editor box (sort of looks like a polaroid photo or a small TV). We past the link into that, and hey presto, a properly presented image!