Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

Twas why I asked the question and why Nothing Matters is a 76. Yes in the interior there is a computer and radar gun convered to a thermial imager but I know enough about compters to swap out parts to make one work. Was just wondering if anyone else thought about when they chose the vehicle they built/building.

We did discuss it earlier in the build. It was also part of the reason I chose an 09 Dodge to do my latest build - because it was bucking the trend. Originally people were suggesting a SBC would be transplanted into it to deal with the inevitable electronics issues, but in the end I decided my intrepid zombie slayer has probably scavenged a few from here and there that somehow survived.

Rob, that build is turning out very cool. VERY VERY COOL indeed. Love the fact that you used the kit wheels and weathered them. Excellent. You are on fire!

Thanks Doc. As I've said, coming from you, that's an honor.

If the ground outside dries up enough, I'll be sifting some of the dirt from the unpaved drive out front for the dioramas... It's been pretty "UGH" outside the past few days...

Currently working up the '40 Ford Custom in the meantime.... but that's most likely gonna be another shiny attempt :D

(EDIT) I bought testors gloss cote with some leftover car console change the other night, perhaps my coays will turn out better with not-so-cheap stuff!

Great Work everyone!

Edited by ZombieHunter26

We've had pretty bad weather down here for the last two weeks.

Ya'll been catchin' heck weather wise. Rain, rain and more rain combined with tornadoes makes one wonder about 12/21/12 don't it?

Goodness it even rained here one night. :o

G

Between health issues and constant rain, not a lot has been done this week, and what has hasn't been easy to photograph.

P1000715-vi.jpg

Left: Chopper from $5 set of three crappy toy models.The tyres are the most offensive thing about it.

Right: Tamiya racing bike. Oh, made in China. What a surprise.

P1000713-vi.jpg

36 Chev racing car. Practically a ready to go road warrior.

P1000711-vi.jpg

Nameless, all finished bar giving the windscreen a wipe and taking decent photos.

P1000712-vi.jpg

... and a magazine for the rotary cannon.

Edited by otherunicorn

August, wonderful and different vehicles (and shiny, which is cool) with some heavy fire power.

Ken, your mud spatter is just right. Thanks, everyone.

All right, I copied all the pictures to the Video archive, stay tuned in for a Progress Video Update.

Those of you who didn't make it on this round, will do so on the next.