Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

I had a little time the past few days to get the gun assembled and a gun mount fabricated. The gun still needs some fine details but I was worried about handling it so I left them off for now. I'm hoping that the mount is strong gnough so I can fire my rounds into the zombie barricades without damaging the truck.

Now I can start concentrating on protection for the cab.

C102012-03-04.jpg

Well, my next PAZH build is covered up front with green modelling putty-

Gotta blend in the styrene sheeting and whatnot. At this point, you wouldn't be able to tell what I'm planning, and at the moment I'm out of primer and sandpaper, so at this point I'm not gonna be taking pics :[

What I CAN say, is that it looks like a big green pile of...something.

:blink:

I'm hoping that the mount is strong gnough so I can fire my rounds into the zombie barricades without damaging the truck.

If you are concerned with realism on something like that, then you need more reinforcement on the gun support. That thing would have a lot of recoil and it would trash the welds on that support quickly. However it has a nice clean look. So if your not concerned with the physics of it all, I'd leave it.

If you are concerned with realism on something like that, then you need more reinforcement on the gun support. That thing would have a lot of recoil and it would trash the welds on that support quickly. However it has a nice clean look. So if your not concerned with the physics of it all, I'd leave it.

Hi Rob,

Yeah, you're right. It does look 'kinda spindly up there. I'll add some reinforcing.

Thanks!

Gary