Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

Holy Cow.. Awesome Music and Video Stoney!!!

That's One Bad Apple Ride too. :o

AgentG. Awesome build too but I think ya gonna need some Extra weight on the rear to get some serious Traction..

Love it tho..

ZombieHunter. Killer looking Armoured Rig..

Thanks guys, I do like moving parts just incase stuff don't square up, easy to adjust.. :D

I figured ya need good armour and Good Escape hatches just incase it all goes to Pooo..

The paint job is just randomly torn masking tape to make a random Camo pattern and I"m stil workng on final paint..

Whoa Stoney! I think you have lost your mind, in a good way! Those are some awesome vehicles.

Ken, yours are awesome as well. I like the "modified" and the killer stage coach is off the chart. Can you tell me what instruction sheets your models are sitting on? It looks like there is a welder on there, I need a welder. Great job!

Whoa Stoney! I think you have lost your mind, in a good way! Those are some awesome vehicles.

Ken, yours are awesome as well. I like the "modified" and the killer stage coach is off the chart. Can you tell me what instruction sheets your models are sitting on? It looks like there is a welder on there, I need a welder. Great job!

Instructions are for Fujimi Tools from the Tools and Garage series.

2012-03-11_10-17-15_946.jpgI have spent most of the morning cutting and gluing styrene to make a peep station for my men with rifles and shot guns in the cargo box, and for protection to my driver and passenger. It didnt turn out how I wanted it to, but once I sand and primer and paint I dont2012-03-11_10-12-33_462.jpg2012-03-11_10-12-15_78.jpg think it will be too bad.

I really like that paint job Neal. If you think about it these kind of paint jobs shouldnt be perfect, cause its not like we will have much time to go to Sherwin Williams or the auto parts store. Tom I really like your wheel choice, much better than what that kit comes with.

Hey guys I appolagize for all of these update pictures today, but I dont get a weekend off like this very often so I am taking advantage of it. Ok so far I have built a roof rack to make it a little more flat to put my guns on, and I have also built a tube cage around the engine bay to keep the zombies from damaging my engine. I am planning on putting spikes on the tubes to make it a little more dangerous. 2012-03-11_12-49-49_691.jpg2012-03-11_13-24-05_405_Kearney.jpg

Oh wow. Dude. I'm using the same lamps on my rig too. And here I thought I was gonna be all "mr. originality".

Are you going to light yours up? I was going to try to light mine up, but right now im not too sure where I would put a battery box. Every time I sit down to the bench I add something new to it.

When do you guys add the screen over the windows on you builds? Do you paint & weather first or paint & weather screen with the rest of the build? If you do it that way how do you keep the screen from clogging with paint? Thanks

I always do it before priming the body. I also lightly mist the primer to prevent heavy layers getting onto the screening. It takes practice but it's worth it.

Unlike a clear plastic windshield, you can paint the body and screen at the same time.

Are you going to light yours up? I was going to try to light mine up, but right now im not too sure where I would put a battery box. Every time I sit down to the bench I add something new to it.

Nope. On the whole, I'm totally uninterested in adding working features to my models. I'm going to put some lenses in there and call it good.