Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

Due to lack of activity on my other CBP and whatnot, I'm gonna be finishing the two builds my dad gave me to finish for this CBP and taking a little break to concentrate on making my custom masks (for which I have a contract with a friend of mine to make him a few) and getting some music done too-

Once my CBP picks up some inertia, I'll get back on the workbench with a few new builds.

Pictures of the collab build to come soon.

Robert I am really digging this thing alot. It looks like they went to the junk yard with welder in hand and pretty much wiped out the ready to crush pile. It almost doesnt even need any paint man I think it looks good having a different color for each panel. Keep up the good work man.

Alright I guess now's as good a time as any to join up so here goes. First I have to say that what I have seen here is just beautiful. I have been floored several times by details and unexpected 'mixtures'.

And for all you who check post counts this is my first. So welcome Tim, hope I enjoy the stay.

Around the beginning of February I started to build a Peterbilt SUV, essentially a Suburban with a Pete cab and frontend, drivetrain, frame, etc. Figured it would be a what-if concept vehicle built at the pinnacle of large SUV's. A Suburban is nice but throw in an extra axle and a couple more rows of seating and require a DOT drivers License, stores would be forced to fix the problem of under-size parking stalls.

I will try to have pictures up this evening or tomorrow morning. Although I have spent more time scratching components like tires, frame, drivetrain than the actual truck. I have several silicon caulk molds scattered across my desk.

Gary I love that halftrack zombie cruncher. It looks great.

Robert, I like everything about the Hammerhead except that turret. I know this CBP is a huge leap away from reality, but the gun looks way out of scale and frankly the suspension couldn't take the weight.

Well I have finished my first rounds of mods on the vette. I moved the bottoms of the doors up and opened the front where the license plate would be to mount some big secondary driving lights, similar to how the race cars are.

DSCI0493.jpgDSCI0494.jpgDSCI0495.jpgDSCI0496.jpg

Man, I just realized how long it's been since I posted anything related to this thread.

Here's the 'Mobile Command Halftrack' in primer, which started as a simple railcar-with-tank-treads completely scratched up from styrene and a tiger tank bottom-(by my dad)

IMG_20120319_150207-vi.jpg

IMG_20120319_150220-vi.jpg

IMG_20120319_150230-vi.jpg

IMG_20120319_150240-vi.jpg

IMG_20120319_150313-vi.jpg

more past the break...

Edited by ZombieHunter26

IMG_20120319_150354-vi.jpg

IMG_20120319_150303-vi.jpg

it's got a '40 ford truck front end with the wheel wells cut off, and large truck wheels.

The top fits loosely, but that will be fixed later on in the process. I am especially fond of the hellfire missile pod I added- it's not meant for zombies :P

I'm torn between building a platform that doubles as a panel for the opening by the operator console, that can fold down for easy escape; or putting in 'bulletproof' glass.

I have the tank treads ready to be put on after paint and details.

Edited by ZombieHunter26