Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

That is correct. I am shooting for Aug 1st so the rig can be in it. I got awesome news on my rigs behalf. I remembered when I first designed it I based it off a Mack 10T M123A1 Chassis and after reviewing an online mil-spec service manual with pics. I got most of the chassis pieces. Just need to get a front drive axle and T case. And bigger tires. Then a detroit V12 and a twin stick trans (any recommendations for this?). Well I will start taking pics this week.

Making progress on Project Viper. I have managed to get the engine built and painted, weld beads added to drivers cab, under body pan and exhasust painted, gun turret has had all holes filled and Ive added a base that will house thge barrells of my minigun, I have sculpted a mantlet cover from two part epoxy putty, Started construction on the top hatch.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/modelbuilder73/

Well, I got all pepped up for starting last weekend and then...failure! Out of glue and 30 miles from the nearest place. Doh :blink: . So now I got drill tomorrow and will get back Sunday and will start then. First order is to get the Chassis together. I found a 16V71 in the parts box but can't get the front end to look correct with that long of hood so I think I will chop it to a 12V71 since it was a display model and the color it was cast in I would say came from the big Dump truck (Terex size but I think it was an IH?). The suspension and chassis are DM800. I may have to add to the chassis to fit the beast in there though. According to my sketchup design (I have redesigned it some) it will need more length. Well, thats what I got for now and will start posting around Monday. Keep the pics and builds a comin'. They are looking great.

Sounds good. Although we are slowing down a little bit here, it only makes sense. Some folks need a little rest and others are pressing their reset buttons! LOL!

It's time to take those CRANKY VITAMINS and keep it going. Cheers, Gen. EYEGORE.

I've been a bit overwhelmed of late. An influx of 40 odd models in junkyard form, all of which needed disinfecting/washing/paint stripping etc. (4 or 5 coats? This guy liked remaking his models!) as well as slow progress on the builds - lots of work, no real visible change, has resulted in ... well, bugger all.

Got most of the chassis done, and got the gas cans painted. Also layed down the basecoat on the body and fuel tanks.

From this angle, the driveshaft looks like a seperate piece. That's right, I'm good... :D

102_1530.jpg

Body waiting to cure enough for the two tone paint job.

102_1531.jpg

Was roaming around to spark some ideas for my scout car and came on this site for concept cars. It's not what you'd expect with all sleek, gleaming sheet metal. There's more that is appropriate to this build than anything in there and many good ideas to spark some thought.

An example would be this Zombie harvester! :)

carver_02.jpg

The Wrecker is in primer-

Unfortunately It wasn't very conducive outside today for some good pictures. I'll just have to post some primer pics tomorrow.

I scratchbuilt a high-powered flamethrower, powered by a V12 engine converted to a generator for both electricity and fuel canister pressure. It's all controlled through an 'ECM' of sorts mounted on the back, in order to keep the highly volatile fuel mixtures in check and modulate the appropriate pressure levels during the 'fuel ejection' process. The whole thing is topped off by two refillable canisters, one containing NO2, the other containing a petroleum-based, highly adhesive liquid gel similar to napalm. The purpose is to fry the zombie hordes quickly, at such a high temperature that the zombie's brain will sizzle to a crisp within moments of the flame contacting it's body (to prevent the zombie from just becoming a walking fire hazard).

...I'm still thinking of a name for it. Hephaestus, mayhaps? I don't know. Something to do with a god of fire, but short enough to paint on the side...

At any rate, expect some pictures tomorrow.

Was roaming around to spark some ideas for my scout car and came on this site for concept cars. It's not what you'd expect with all sleek, gleaming sheet metal. There's more that is appropriate to this build than anything in there and many good ideas to spark some thought.

An example would be this Zombie harvester! :)

carver_02.jpg

Just when you think you've seen it all, along comes a machine like this. AMAZING!

this is the coolest topic.. coincidentally I am building a zombie themed lowrider showcar.. Nothing at all on this level of cool & not an actual zombie killer. BUT cool enough to toss in the mix I think. I'll have some pics for you soon.