Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

OT with no brands left to destroy GM decides to scuttle itself

It looks like a blend of the late '90s Cavalier coupe and the new Camaro. While you didn't post much info about the car, I think Chevy is pretty satisfied with the name recognition they have in "Impala", and I wonder if they are really considering bringing back the Chevelle name or if this is simply a show car exercise.

It looks like a blend of the late '90s Cavalier coupe and the new Camaro. While you didn't post much info about the car, I think Chevy is pretty satisfied with the name recognition they have in "Impala", and I wonder if they are really considering bringing back the Chevelle name or if this is simply a show car exercise.

doesnt look like a realistic enough production car and i hope it stays that way, some people believe the impala was ruined somehow by not being sold as a coupe as well.

im hoping the caprice makes it to the civilian market.

81adce3f74.jpg

Just put a horizontal line through the l's and call it a Chevette. Now that would be a name to bring back! BTW, the Chevelle's name got ruined back in '73. After that,there was no hope for it ever again.

Why do they still use these fonts that look like they were lifted from a wedding invitation in North Yorkshire?

Totally ridiculous, especially when considering that the scriptplate is the only thing on the car that isn't bland.

I honestly believed it can't get worse than what GM did in the 80s. Well, obviously it can. Much worse even.

Edited by Junkman

I know your all going to hate me but I kinda like it.

Manly because its not a extreme undo able thing like most concepts, there's no big scoops, or wings, or ground effects

If you angle the back of the roof a bit, like a 45 degree angle, getting rid of the rounded back it would look fine in my eyes

Manly because its not a extreme undo able thing like most concepts, there's no big scoops, or wings, or ground effects

If you angle the back of the roof a bit, like a 45 degree angle, getting rid of the rounded back it would look fine in my eyes

I have to agree, in factnit looks fine as it is and it almost looks as though it's RWD! I know most of you don't line the Chevelle name, would you be complaining if it were called Nova? Seems like it might be a good vehicle to revive the Z-24 badge with ;)

I like it aswell , but when you think chevelle you think big blocks and growling exhaust , maybe it should be named the Malibu " chevelle "