Model Cars Magazine Forum

HELP ON TAMIYA LOLA

Are you looking for a racing type tire instead of something treaded?

Try here: http://www.iconautom...ain_Buttons.htm , though it looks like they only have one set available now. Might have to contact them and inquire about others...

I might be intersted in the Bridgestone tires if you end up not using them. They look like pretty nice treaded street tires from the pics I've seen online.

I have seen a seller on eBay offering resin 1/12 scale tires (or maybe just the spare tire) for the Trumpeter GT40 kit, too.

Edited by Casey

Are you looking for a racing type tire instead of something treaded?

Try here: http://www.iconautom...ain_Buttons.htm , though it looks like they only have one set available now. Might have to contact them and inquire about others...

I might be intersted in the Bridgestone tires if you end up not using them. They look like pretty nice treaded street tires from the pics I've seen online.

I have seen a seller on eBay offering resin 1/12 scale tires (or maybe just the spare tire) for the Trumpeter GT40 kit, too.

Although you wouldn't have found Bridgestones on that era Race Cars the Racing tires were treaded.

Hey! Bruce,

Welcome to the MCM forum. I'm so glad you're on here! So, you're workin' on that Lola you picked up when you were here. Cool!

The guys/gals here will be a great help to you! And don't be bashful about showin' off some of your builds.

Have A Great Day!

p.s. Introduce yourself. These folks will love your builds!

Hey Keith how are you? Yea,Im trying to build the lola. The tires really bug me. They are nice but the wrong mfg. Cannot believe tamiya would make a mistake like that.I wish they would have left the lettering off so at least i could put firestone or goodyear on them.I have contacted iconauto but Derrick said he needed new molds for the goodyears.They looked really cool. Sooo I might build it as a recreation. lola is building a continuation car. Looks really cool. This way I do not have to be period correct on items like the tires.How are you comming on your build? I know it will be very cool. Have a super day and well talk to you soon. Your Bud Bruce

It's a little bit usual that Tamiya make that mistake for that time the kit was released (the sixties).

Taki Racing Team a Japanese team raced with a T70 and the shoes are Bridgestones.

And it's not the only mistake they made with that kit !

The main problem with the kit is that, the car never raced in blue with the white stripes

with a Chevy engine but with a Aston Martin engine.

The car with the Chevy had the same white stripes but was red.

For this car you need to make naca intakes in the side sponsons.

There also exist decals to make the Hulme & Taylor car from the '68 Tourist Trophy

from F1 Specialities, this car is white with green stripes, with naca's in the

front hood, and also use the Chevy.

The other problem with this Lola is that you find difficult detail photo's of these cars,

plenty from the latter the T70 Mk3.

The tires are Goodyear's or Firestone's.

And takes some time out to Google the Lola.

I hope this was a little useful for you

Casey and Ed, Thank you for the info on icon auto as Derek will be sending me some tires for the lola.They are goodyears,PERFECT!!!!

Now all you need to make it really Perfect is a set of Decals for the '69 24 hours at Daytona Winning Car. The Sunoco car driven by Donohue and Parsons.

Now all you need to make it really Perfect is a set of Decals for the '69 24 hours at Daytona Winning Car. The Sunoco car driven by Donohue and Parsons.

This is a complete different car than the Tamiya, the kit is an T70 mk3

The Sunoco from Penske driven by Donahue and Parsons is a T70 mk3b and is different in so many ways,to mention the hood and rear spoiler.

But one of the nicest Lola's ever raced.

This is a complete different car than the Tamiya, the kit is an T70 mk3

The Sunoco from Penske driven by Donahue and Parsons is a T70 mk3b and is different in so many ways,to mention the hood and rear spoiler.

But one of the nicest Lola's ever raced.

Yes Rudy you are correct. The entire Hood is different with squared "fender" tops and 4 not 2 Headlamps being the most easily noticed changes that would need to be made for an accurate reproduction. But sometimes emotion fogs reality :D . I can assure you I will NOT dispute your last statement!! As you can tell from my sig. the Sunoco Car is on my Want list.

I'm a LONG time fan of Mark Donohue. Heck, I've got kits of all the cars he finished races with in the original CanAm series and only need a '70 Javelin to cover all his TransAm Cars. Thank you for tossing in the correction as I'd hate to mislead Bruce with his build.