Model Cars Magazine Forum

Porsche Carrera 6 (Arii)

Dave B

Picked up an Arii Carrera 6 from HLJ a little while ago. Was a little disappointed with the kit but it gave me a reasonable base for a nice curbside. Biggest disappointment was the roof/glass cast as one piece, and thin/brittle to boot!! The wheels/tyres were rubbish and the interior basic. I was lucky to have some resin wheels/tyres that were passable and managed to cut down some seats and construct a passable racing interior. Had enough decals laying around to do a representation of the Targa Florio winning car, just minus the front & rear plates.

IMG_1378.jpg

IMG_1376.jpg

IMG_1374.jpg

IMG_1373.jpg

IMG_1381.jpg

Anyway, it was nice to be able to build a resonable model fo one of my favourite Porsches. Tks for looking

Dave B

Tks guys, at least 4 of the Arii kits are retools of the original L&S. I have both an L&S & Arii Chaparral 2C. The L&S has beautiful wheels/tyres, white metal webers & intakes, etc. Interior are identical though. If you find a L&S they are the one to buy

iao

Dave B

Nice work!

Has anyone repopped those wheels in resin? They look perfect for my 904GTS

Hi Brian,

They are in fact taken off a Monogram 904GTS wheel, the rears being widened with a band. The tyres are resins of the racing Dunlop's in the old IMC Ford GT kit

Dave B

Hi Brian,

They are in fact taken off a Monogram 904GTS wheel, the rears being widened with a band. The tyres are resins of the racing Dunlop's in the old IMC Ford GT kit

Dave B

The 1/25 full detail kit? I have the 1/24 curbside/slot kit, and those wheels have hubcaps molded on them.

This is a great job in one of the historicals and not so famous Porches of all time. I remembered to see a couple at the Rennsport II at the Daytona speedway back in 2007 and these are good looking cars. As a matter of fact, in year 2000 I was doing the Monogram 904 and I bought a set of resin set of these wheels, but, I can't remember where I got'em. I'm not sure if it was from Replica& Miniatures of Maryland.

Simón P. Rivera Torres

Nice work!

Has anyone repopped those wheels in resin? They look perfect for my 904GTS

Actually, I found this one on some old pictures Ihave from models I built in the late 90's. The second model in the left corner(the green one) is very rare and long out of production(1966)MPC 1/32 Porsche Carrera 6. Its a simple model car, but, it shows real nice the beautifull shape of the 906. This was the first model I painted using the then new Tamiya lacquers...

IM000792.jpg

Simón P. Rivera Torres