Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 RoadRunner

martinfan5

I am doing this for a contest build, my plans are making it somewhat of a sleeper looking , I am going to take parts from a Viper kit, I am going to try and fit the V10 in it.

rr1.jpg

rr2.jpg

some ideas I have for the interior, I know I am going to use the center console from a new charger kit

rr3-1.jpg

rrp1.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

Well the vipor donar kit finally showed, and after spending all night working on it, this is what I got done

68rra.jpg

68rr.jpg

all the time was spent on trying to get the viper running gear to mount on the RR chassis, didnt work out very well, but I have an idea now on how to get it to work, I think.

Jonathan-

Great job so far. I really like that interior. Nice mix of colors and parts. That front definitely needs lowered a bit. The build is looking good so far.

One question though. What are thos white wheels in the photo from? They look like some that I need for a build.

Later-

This is very encouraging. I have a similar project in the planning stages involving new Challenger running gear + an older Plymouth. The color is perfect! I would go with the RR steering wheel.....unless you could graft part of the Viper dash (guages) to the RR dash? Yes, go with a wing as well! Lower would be nice. It looks awesome no matter where you go with it!!

• 2 weeks later...

Back to working on this one, I have managed to get the front lowered a little bit more, but I am thinking of not using the viper wheels/tires , not sure.

Tom the white wheels you saw in the pic are from revells C5 corvette kit that just was released. I dont know if I want to put a wing on it, I am trying to keep it to a sleeper look, which I know if I keep the viper wheels that goes out the window

rr1-3.jpg