Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Dodge Charger R/T Inspired Build.

Shelbytona

I've been working on this model for about a month (A lot of hours!) and i finally got it finished up tonight... i was gonna wait until the weekend to post up pics in this section, but the pics i got will do for now.. By the time i get home from work, its dark so i'll get better pics on saturday outside.

I built this model after one of my Dads Friends cars.. The reference pic i had of the car was from the mid seventies, so i built it to look like the pic.

I have all the build progress in the "on the workbench" section. I scratch build the shackle extensions, used the driving lights from a shelby charger model kit, front rims are from ebay, rear wheels are from rosco's cop car kit and the front tires are from the 69 GTX kit.

Here is the 1:1 car.

736d4e27.jpg

fcbc5f45.jpg

And here is the model..

8cfbb062.jpg

07761158.jpg

035b4aa0.jpg

8cf73b68.jpg

cea14287.jpg

Edited by Shelbytona

Very nice Charger build. I like that paintjob very much, wheel and tire combo is also looking like typical 70's styled. But that's not a bad thing! Engine detailing is very clean and realistic. I was really enjoying that WIP topic too, keep these builds coming.

This is one of the nicest built Chargers I have seen! And to do it from those old photos is amazing! I have a 68 Roadrunner I am converting to look like a 68 GTX my dad had, and all I have to go by is 2 crummy pics like the ones you have. Most of my build will be done from memory. Hope mine turns out as half as nice as yours!

Edited by wraith