Model Cars Magazine Forum

Here in my home town of Adelaide, South Australia we are just getting over a hot spell of around 36-38 degrees C, BUT each night we have been treated to a spectacular display of red sky at night and as the saying goes "Red sky at night saliors delight Red sky in the morning saliors warning" quite frankly after being a salior for 30 odd years I'm still trying to work that out as I've never sailed at night from port although I've been out out night. Anyway getting back to wot this is all about I took this photo the other night with a simple Kodak easy shot camera that belongs to my neighbour and I think it turned out fairly good.

What is your opinion: Also this was shot in the Eastern sky.

000_4030.jpg

Dingo B)

Edited by Dingo5162

red sky at night i.e. westward at nightfall, at least in the Northern hemisphere, usually indicates that any storms, etc, had passed and the morning should break clear. red sky in the morning; i.e. eastward at daybreak, usually means you're in for a rough day at sea. at least from what the navy told me, and from being a Northern hemisphere Atlantic sailor.

we're currently enjoying a rather nice spell, it's been 15-20 degrees above seasonal norm for the last three weeks or more. of course, we still have two good months where we could be wearing longjohns and coats. the electric/gas company hasn't made a profit off me this winter....

been a roller coaster all winter,rain,warm,wind cold,light snow,warm then it starts over oddest winter I remember in a long time and close to 50 by Tues

Been like that here also in Fargo. On my way home today alight rain started to fall. The roads will be a skating rink on Tue. Morn, and I have to drive 150 mi. with my semi to make a delivery. The Ice Road Truckers got nothing on me.

Hey guys thanks for all U'r replies it was great to read all about U'r temps in the States, we are now at around 26 degrees C and loving it if U'r wondering and kinda think I hate the heat U'r right I'd rather be with U guys in the cold or cool 12 to 20 degrees C is more my liking also when it does nudge 38c here that's when it's pushing the 100f mark and late last summer 2010 we did for one week have 38 to 42 degrees C and man we cooked but now my wife and I can cpe as we got ourselves a decent air con for our bedroom which is also nice and quiet, anyway my friends again thanks for answering and hope U all warm up soon.

Dingo B)