Model Cars Magazine Forum

California Charger F.E.D. update

I never really know what to say when you post im always in awe of your work , each post is like putting a freashly BBQ'ed steak in front of me all I can do is salivate and crave the next piece. What can I say that hasnt already been said? Oh well maybe nobody has said "GREATGOBBLEDEEGOOP! that build is OUTTASITE!" :wacko: LOL!

LOL thats a new one Rom, I love the way you describe it , really means alot bro!

Bill,

I saw this thread when it first started, but haven't been in long enough to catch up with it again. So here I am stumbling across this build in total awe. This is masterful work and very impressive. You've got several of the builders I look up to following as well- a true testament to your work. Looking forward to more!

-Art

Waaay over the top......................and I LOVE it !

Bill, those couple of small parts (pedals and lever) are true works of art mate. Oh, and the gauge too.... B)

As a side.....this little dude, if I offered him a month down here in Aus. (just south of the Gold Coast B) ) Would he be interested ??

I got a mate running 1/16 Airbuses for Qantas.....cheap flights................................................. ;)

Bill,

I saw this thread when it first started, but haven't been in long enough to catch up with it again. So here I am stumbling across this build in total awe. This is masterful work and very impressive. You've got several of the builders I look up to following as well- a true testament to your work. Looking forward to more!

-Art

thanks so much Art, means alot comin from all you guys thats been doin this stuff forever, I see you do outstanding work yourself, thanks for looking in!

Waaay over the top......................and I LOVE it !

Bill, those couple of small parts (pedals and lever) are true works of art mate. Oh, and the gauge too.... B)

As a side.....this little dude, if I offered him a month down here in Aus. (just south of the Gold Coast B) ) Would he be interested ??

I got a mate running 1/16 Airbuses for Qantas.....cheap flights................................................. ;)

thanks Stump, allways wanted to go to Aus. myself!! I'll bring the little dude in my pocket!! LOL

Bill , I dismantled an old printer a while back and it had some small cog belts in it ! A couple different widths and pretty thin . What size do you need ?

BOB.

thank you Robert! the belt need to be about a 1/4 wide not sure what the length ended up being, I'm guess at least 4" long at least, thanks again!

I hope you realize that 1/4 wide would be a 1/12 scale, not 1/16-----

and they were 57 inches long, and to get the ratios we wanted when the 8mm teeth came out we had to machine our own pullies as they(Crager) had only done the ratios for the elephant engines---it took 7 different cuts on each side of every tooth( 14 per tooth) to get the shape done--the profile and pitch diameter was secret/pattened---and we had to work out the shape , and then the pitch line---lots of very small chips---but it was worth it because we had nothing but trouble with the old 1/2 pitch square tooth belts--usually about every other run one would cme apart and fill the engine with all that fine steel cable that was the core ply of the belts.

I hope you realize that 1/4 wide would be a 1/12 scale, not 1/16-----

and they were 57 inches long, and to get the ratios we wanted when the 8mm teeth came out we had to machine our own pullies as they(Crager) had only done the ratios for the elephant engines---it took 7 different cuts on each side of every tooth( 14 per tooth) to get the shape done--the profile and pitch diameter was secret/pattened---and we had to work out the shape , and then the pitch line---lots of very small chips---but it was worth it because we had nothing but trouble with the old 1/2 pitch square tooth belts--usually about every other run one would cme apart and fill the engine with all that fine steel cable that was the core ply of the belts.

yea Jerry, I can trim to fit, not a problem , Rather have it too wide and trim than not wide enough, interesting about your blower set up, I bet the steel cords were kinda hard on things!! Edited by vintagedragfan

well actually in n effort to be funny I did it backwards-----reason I had to build the rear engine car instead of the model of the front engine car---

RED sold for $61 + shipping ---now there's another on at $140 buy it now??????????????????????

Edited by jerry clayton

Robert

we really enjoyed that trip--all you guys were great to put up with us on a day when your having a Christmas party--

also stopped at Garlits Museum and they kept us there for quite a while including the parking lot after they closed---finally got up to my brothers near Live Oak late

Christmas dinner for us was at a truck stop buffet up in Georgia.

Still not done with the Cobra--planning to run at Bonneville Salt Flats for speed record for Cobra bodied car---

Robert

we really enjoyed that trip--all you guys were great to put up with us on a day when your having a Christmas party--

also stopped at Garlits Museum and they kept us there for quite a while including the parking lot after they closed---finally got up to my brothers near Live Oak late

Christmas dinner for us was at a truck stop buffet up in Georgia.

Still not done with the Cobra--planning to run at Bonneville Salt Flats for speed record for Cobra bodied car---

salt flats?? sounds like you still have that go fast blood in you Jerry! any idea when the cobra might be ready for the flats?

It will be a couple more years ---first I'm thinking I can take my Firebird out there and see what everything is about--like you got to step up in speed, theres rules/etique??? do this, not that--I can probably get the Fbird up to 250 area as it will be easier to do that than with the Cobra body---It already has cage, parachute,some aero work----Cobra is a concete block compared to it---

• 2 weeks later...