Model Cars Magazine Forum

California Charger F.E.D. update

This think is so right in so many ways....almost makes me want to give up this hobby and start building 1:1.........potted plants.

Amazing work!

Mike I know how you feel, I felt that way about a year ago! then I decided I was going to try and do some of these cool things myself, be patient, and have fun! thats what its all about man! let me know if I can help you out, thanks!

Bill.... Awesome job on the Gas Pedal and Break handle.. I am loving both of them... did you use printing plate or k&S aluminum sheet? and how thick?. and is that real wood on the handle too?. Keep up the awesome work.

SWEETNESS.....

thanks guys, Chris it is K&S aluminum, .015 thick on the gas pedal and brake lever, the clutch is .060 aluminum rod with .015 knurreled pad, thanks for the comments

it must be gas pedal week, here is the one I made this weekend as well as the clutch pedal and brake lever, the clear has to dry before I can put the rivits on the wood gripsIMG_0622-vi.jpgIMG_0626-vi.jpg thanks for looking!

AH HA! Looks like you have a minature woodworker under your employ also . Hes done a great job with that brake lever. I wonder what he'll charge me to refinish the cabnets in my 1/16th scale garage dio :huh: LOL! keep up the outstanding work Bill your an inspiration to us all

make ###### sure that the rivets are in the correct direction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

really, looking good and I am flattered that all you guys work so hard to make these things like they were----I was happy that Revell made these cars as it sorta captured the history of the art work in the body work and paint jobs----but that wasn't good enough for many who have worked so hard to do it exact scale to the original sizes---Revell had came to me about the wheel base---they wanted to just some of the same stuff for both our car and Tony Nancy's car but they weren't the same wheel base----I told them it was such an honor that they would do our car it was fine to alter the wb. Tony must have said the same thing---I remember seeing Tony's car at the JC Penney cataloque outlet store for $6-------

the scoop on the injectors in those photos was from after we had set an altitude record with the supercharger the first night we ran the side wings--so those pics were later on in the year 1971 or possibly early 1972---

and after reading my post about the rivets, I hope it didn't come across wrong--I was trying to be funny concerning Bill's awsome detail work---

And speaking of details---Bill, which end of the barrel valve linkage do you have the left hand threads on??????????

make ###### sure that the rivets are in the correct direction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

really, looking good and I am flattered that all you guys work so hard to make these things like they were----I was happy that Revell made these cars as it sorta captured the history of the art work in the body work and paint jobs----but that wasn't good enough for many who have worked so hard to do it exact scale to the original sizes---Revell had came to me about the wheel base---they wanted to just some of the same stuff for both our car and Tony Nancy's car but they weren't the same wheel base----I told them it was such an honor that they would do our car it was fine to alter the wb. Tony must have said the same thing---I remember seeing Tony's car at the JC Penney cataloque outlet store for $6-------

the scoop on the injectors in those photos was from after we had set an altitude record with the supercharger the first night we ran the side wings--so those pics were later on in the year 1971 or possibly early 1972---

and after reading my post about the rivets, I hope it didn't come across wrong--I was trying to be funny concerning Bill's awsome detail work---

And speaking of details---Bill, which end of the barrel valve linkage do you have the left hand threads on??????????

oh you are funny all right Jerry! you gotta gimme a break, you know how hard it is to find a rivit gun and a left handed tap and die that small?? hehheh

here are a couple small updates, I got the brake lever done and here it is mocked up, sorry for the bluury pic, just couldn't get the camera to focus on the lever!IMG_0631-vi.jpgalso got the oil gauge finished and installedIMG_0633-vi.jpgIMG_0634-vi.jpg I used Pro Tech 1/25 gauge set, cut out the tach and put it in aluminum tubing after beveling the edge and installing a back, then cleared over the front, and added a Pro Tech chrome fitting, thanks for looking!

Edited by vintagedragfan

I never really know what to say when you post im always in awe of your work , each post is like putting a freashly BBQ'ed steak in front of me all I can do is salivate and crave the next piece. What can I say that hasnt already been said? Oh well maybe nobody has said "GREATGOBBLEDEEGOOP! that build is OUTTASITE!" :wacko: LOL!